Mike Gundy Tired of Talking Bedlam, Calls Out OU for Gaslighting the Situation

Originally published at: Mike Gundy Tired of Talking Bedlam, Calls Out OU for Gaslighting the Situation | Pistols Firing

‘OU chose to follow Texas and the money to the SEC.’

Goons joey back tracked after hearing gundy on tuesday. He did say that uo had more flexibility then osu. Then said hre would hope to continue it down the road.

Gundy did call them out. It was classic gundy.

2 Likes

Every time someone mentions bedlam to him all he can think of is 3-14. He’s ready to put it behind him.

2 Likes

Yep HCMG has it right.

3 Likes

Lay it down, Gundy.

Joey, shut your ignorant mouth.

2 Likes

Future series get canceled all the time. Doesn’t matter to me but Alabama plays a game (cupcake) towards the end of season so it could be resumed. Gundy is 100 percent right on this

1 Like

It’s clear that Gundy doesn’t want to play it(he’s busy “thinking” which is apparently what we pay 5 mil a year for him to do🤦‍♂️) & weiberg is just a yes man… yes OU is to blame, but it’s obvious the details could be worked out to make it a non conference… It makes sense for win/loss record, shot at playoffs, etc… it makes no sense for $ or history, or most ppls favorite game of the year…

1 Like

It is classic Gundy. However, I personally do wish oSu would cancel some contracts with non-power 5 schools, save the money that we paid Ark-PineBluff and make room for Bedlam. Gundy is saying that it is ending because OU moved to the SEC and that is right. But, we seem unwilling to adjust contracted games to keep a paid cupcake every year until 2037. I prefer Bedlam to cupcakes and I have a feeling that the Bedlam game would be more lucrative for us as well. jmho…

GO POKES!!! :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Dean Blevins (Ch 9) spouted the ou company lines last night… he is the least objective sports figure on the planet.

Are there any objective sports commentators in Oklahoma other than John Holcomb?

2 Likes

I know that playing ou would benefit the league mightily.

With new playoff it only matters if we the league. We could play 12 power 5 games.

3 things we need to look at moving forward.
1 we got to get a team nil deal so we dnt fall be hind other big 12 members.

2 do you believe joe the goon. Does he want to play the game.

3 playing a team like Arkansas and uo really benefits the team not the fans but the team.

2 Likes

Got to be a homer. Even joe the goon back tracked his words afyer gundy went after him.

I think itll drive alot of hype when we both are 10 and 0.
We will have game day. Every media will be in norman.
Gundy will be hugging babies. Fans will be cryi g putting wreaths out.

1 Like

If OU wants to come to OSU and propose something and offer to buy out the contracts needed to schedule games with them then OSU might want to consider it. Otherwise OU just needs to shut-up and go away.

5 Likes

LOL

2 Likes

1 we got to get a team nil deal so we dnt fall be hind other big 12 members.
Barry Hinson is on it! (but ‘we’ are not supposed to be getting the deals, the players are… lol)

2 do you believe joe the goon. Does he want to play the game.
In this instance, I believe that there is some truth to Gundy being fine with not playing Bedlam. To say that I agree with Joe is not in my repertoire.

3 playing a team like Arkansas and uo really benefits the team not the fans but the team.
I wish we had a well established hwy 412 series in every sport and could maintain our I35 series with OU despite the conference realignments.

Furthermore, with conference realignment trickling down, there is no telling what will happen to schedules and game contracts as mid-majors lose members and replace them. It is about time to scrap ALL schedules past this season and start rescheduling anyway. jmho… GO POKES!!

2 Likes

For my money, Pat Jones and Sam Mayes. Both former Pokes, but some Cowboy fans hate them for not being homers. lol

Give me my Christmas wish for our scheduling after the OU/shorthorn move to the SEC… if we play 9 conference games… and it would be Tulsa, OU and Arkansas EVERY year from now until the next football conference armageddon. Home and home series in which we play two home games when there are 4 home conference games, and one home game the years we have 5 conference home games.

GO POKES!!

Good riddance OU. No hard feelings nor salty about them leaving. With OU gone and the new cfp expansion I’m pretty excited. I believe and think this may pressure Gundy to win the conference championship every year to get into the cfp frequently now the playing field in this conference is almost even. I was just thinking this may be the reason why he doesn’t like the expansion much. But he’ll have a chance to be the head of the conference now. Just my thoughts speaking out loud.

2 Likes

No, we actually pay him $7 million per year to not win conference championships.

3 Likes

We should play OU in all sports. Eliminate the cupcakes to make room in football. Gundy should not be involved in the decision and should quit talking about it.

3 Likes

I hear alot of stuff about the big 12. Lets see how the future could effect the sec. By adding another game wont that hurt there teams making bowls. I know the are a few who think bowls are worth nothing. Its funny that the sec plays 8 games to get as many teams in. Last year 13 of the 14 got bowls. There was a log jam of 6 win team. Take away a lesser win and a harder conf game.
We hear about the prestige of bedlam, and the big 12 losing ground. With the new playoff we would need prestige just wins. Getting titles will be important. But 10 your 11 wins will still get us into the top 10. Thats playoff. You take out away the 1.5 games per year we have lost to texas and ou. It looks even better. It depend on our pod we get, then the schedule. We should be good most years.

1 Like