Mike Gundy's College Football Playoff Expansion Take Might Surprise You

@ty14 Having 12 teams involved is beneficial to the four highest ranked conference champions, because they earned it on the field of play. It is one less game they have to play (less chance for injury of key players) and it puts the other eight teams at a mathematical great risk of injury to key players. Case in point, how devastating was our loss of Jalen Warren and two offensive line starters in the Conference championship game last year. Injuries to key players can make all the difference in the world. Therefore, winning your conference, and having a complete season to where you are rewarded with being ranked in the top four of conference champions should be rewarded with a first-round bye. I think it is genius.

2 Likes

LOL, Meyer? That guy is tra$h, he has shown his true colors.

Mark Dantonio has never had a team w/ a prolific offense. His teams relied on very nice defenses and ball control, a big, fat NO THANKS! I think Peterson is done w/ coaching. Iā€™d take Luke Fickell!

@orangeokie i think this was meant for @teatown i donā€™t have a problem with the 4 getting a bye, I think the big 12 champ will more than likely be that 4 team after realignment shakes out so I think itā€™s good for us. I just donā€™t think there are 6 conferences strong enough to have their conference champ get an automatic bye. I think that number should be at 5 and maybe even 4 if the pac 12 falls completely apart.

1 Like

Dantonio had three conference titles in thirteen seasons at Michigan State (and made the playoff). Peterson won two conference titles in six years at Washington (and also made the playoff).

Thatā€™s more important to me than a guy that wins a bunch of games against teams he should beat and has nothing to show for it when itā€™s all said and done.

So ā€œNo Thanks!!!ā€ to beating rivals, getting conference titles, and making a playoff?

Maybe I misread it ?!?! Yea I agree with the playoffs expanding but 12 is too many. Eight is my number but I imagine they will stick with 12. Just like HS basketball, everyone starts all over. Thatā€™s the money talking with so many games with the Okla Athletic Assn. Until this year Texas was ranked in preseason. What did they base that on other than them being Texas ? Politics and supposed to beā€™s

2 Likes

@ty14 No, I was responding to your comments where you did not like the six qualifying conference champions. I like it because winning a conference championship has to have some value, above non-champions.

1 Like

@orangeokie try telling joy that us missing Warren and the two OL was a big difference in us winning or losing in the CC game last year ā€¦.it was absolutely the reason we didnā€™t win it.

1 Like

I agree totally. If we had Warren and any kind of running game at the CC it would have likely been a sure win for us. Also having a running game might have reduced the number of interceptions as some of those hurried passes may have not happened.

2 Likes

When did Michigan State make the playoffs? You think he retired from MSU but would come to oSu 10 years from now, he would be 76 years old, GEEZER ALERT! :sob: :sob: :sob: when Gundy finally retires? .641 winning percentage at Cincy then Mich Stateā€¦is great?

1 Like

Joy is allways talking about great bowls. I didnt know pinstripe, sport world, redbox and wild wings were great bowls.

1 Like

Gundy is definitely stealing. Paying that chump $7.5 mil per year is highway robbery considering he canā€™t consistently win conference championships, and barely gets close.

2 Likes

I wish we had more than 1 conference championship to talk about over the last 17 yearsā€¦ sigh.

1 Like

Go add up all the wins compare to his pay he has been cheap. I know your a stooge so math is out of your realm.

Im sure you and your wife dnt talk about how many time you havent perfomed if 17 years. Only a guy worried so much about titles dnt have it going on at home.

1 Like

Umā€¦ I donā€™t even know what to say about this response. Somehow my sex life is linked directly to OSU conference titles? Got it. Geesh. I think you are beyond the need for medication at this point.

Did i say that. No. Your lack of sex life, is making want to be a winner thur gundy.

1 Like

We didnā€™t win because our coaching staff decided a game plan for Kansas instead of the #9 team in the country. You tell me what kind of essholes are going to run the same exact thing they have in nearly every game knowing theyā€™re down a 1,200 yard rusher and a starting lineman? Especially when they know they donā€™t have the talent depth to match it? Looks to me like they didnā€™t learn a thing when playing Missouri State and Tulsa.

1 Like

You must be the chmplon for all rainman.

1 Like