Mike Holder to Retire, Chad Weiberg to Take Over as OSU's Athletic Director

You pick a year that proves the opposite. Oh wait, good budget or bad, Gundy’s recruiting has sucked since 2014.

Is that what u where trying to prove. I can never tell in ur rants.

I’m not trying to prove anything, I’m just pointing out the facts.

U pointed out we spent less then tosu Thats the only facts I saw. What was.ou budget in 2018

But I wasn’t responding to you when I wrote it. Because I knew you wouldn’t understand.

1 Like

No that was the facts. I know u think ur narrative’s are facts too. But no narrative are personal feelings( mainly a weird obsession)

Oh I believe Oklahoma has complete studs in all sports Ohio just has a bigger population

1 Like

I’m not talking about anything lol just trying to figure out the 2018 thing

I found out why 2018. 2019 we spent 583.000 and was 6 th from the bottom in power 5 school last in big 12.
Tosu was like 16th. 30 spots higher.
Like to know if u found a real site.

It fit some narrative of ar0

Whats really funny is ku and isu been spending over a million for years

We just lost one of the greatest achieving ADs in the history of all colleges and all most of you can talk about is an opportunity for the replacement to spend more money on football. This is a time to honor someone who has done more for OSU athletics than anyone in the history of this backwoods school. You act like a bunch of buzzards around a corpse.
I was a classmate of Mike Holder starting our freshman year and to see him as a student and someone on the golf team but then go on to become one of the most successful coaches nationally and then be honored with a promotion to AD was just tremendous. He deserves appreciation. To spend more the school first has to have the money. I think some of you are forgetting basic economics and also seem to be quick at dismissing an OSU legend.

2 Likes

If he hired a proven coordinator and left him alone then the answer would be yes. The 2010 and 2011 seasons are fair seasons to look at since he hired proven coaches in 2010 and 2011. Previous to 2010 he had the following recruiting rankings:

2006- 18th
2007- 25th
2008- 32nd
2009- 34th

Notice how in that time span he had at least a couple of top 25 recruiting rankings, and then found an OC in 2010 that knew how to use them.

Another thing I want to point out is he hasn’t had an OC since 2012 move on to another head coaching gig. While I’m not against hiring from within completely this tells me unless he does what he did in recruiting in his first few years or hires a proven coach from a G5 school then he’ll never get back to 2011 form. Since 2018 we’ve averaged less points per game every season since.

I thought it was rather stupid to go completely away from what we did in 2010 and 2011 (What made Gundy successful) and revert back to running an offense where we never throw to the TE or the middle of the field any longer. The problem with Gundy is that he thinks he’s a better coach than he actually is. He doesn’t need to be the OC and HC any longer and needs to stop.

If you don’t believe me about the offense just look at how slow our play progression is when the ball is snapped and compare it to 2010 and 2011. It’s not even close to being in the same ball park.

1 Like

Where is your source?

Google

Where is your ACTUAL source? Your reference? They would’ve taught you how to do this in JUCO.

Well I put in" recruiting cost for 2019"
Got u all hot and bothered. Oh yea boyton lost got to make in up some how

Well at least he only lost by 11 and not 28.

Strange reference since we won are football game

Baylor is #3 in basketball and Boynton lost by 11.

OU was rated #18 in football and we lost by 28.