Mike Holder's $17 Million Problem

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/mike-holders-17-million-problem/

The most expensive t-shirt in OSU history.

“Basically, Mike Gundy is the CEO at Oklahoma State. Imagine what would happen if Elon Musk did something like Mike Gundy did with that shirt. Elon Musk would hurt the Tesla shareholders. Mike Gundy hurt the university and the alumni. I still root for Oklahoma State, but I’m concerned.”

Under no circumstances can Holder let Gundy go on Joe Rogan.

5 Likes

I’ll keep asking nicely, please stop @kyleporterCBS. This just keeps sowing more seeds of division.

8 Likes

You guys are sad the way you keep trying to ruin OSU football. Please explain what Gundy has down time warrant being fired? There is no need to write this article.

7 Likes

For a template on what NOT to do;
See Eddie Sutton. Our basketball program STILL hasn’t recovered. The whole world is burning and Stillwater’s already in the rear view and getting smaller by the day.

1 Like

I don’t get why people are coming after PFB for Gundy’s actions. I don’t think someone should be fired for a t-shirt, regardless of how foolish it was to wear, but I don’t see how Gundy can effectively do his job in terms of recruiting from this point forward. Any player and their family that forgets about Gundy’s actions will be reminded by the competition for said player.

6 Likes

This is a divisive, inflammatory, and most importantly unnecessary article. Sounds like the author is trying to enhance, or more accurately build a national brand for himself. These articles are getting “less OSU” and more “I wanna be like Herbstreit” by the day.

7 Likes

The irony is that Mike Gundy has hired and done more for African Americans than Kyle and most people that criticize him. How many minorities has Kyle hired to write for PFB? Specifically, African Americans? Is the perception that this blog and creator is racist? Of course not, this is all asinine.

Through Gundys tenure how many African Americans has he hired and how does that compare to other P5 schools? Write that article.

5 Likes

Man, please stop writing these inflammatory articles. They made up and everyone is happy.

STOP IT!!

JUST STOP…

I’m no longer going to listen to your podcast and I’m asking your advertisers to stop supporting you.

JUST STOP

IT’S OVER

EVERYONE LOST.

5 Likes

‘The only certainty in all of this is that OSU will pay a price for what Mike Gundy did last week and how alienated he seems from his program.’

Love how you use your own article as a basis for your statement…The case against Coach Gundy is quite thin.

2 Likes

Listening to Pat Jones on the radio this morning their seems to be a split within the team on what’s going on. Jones said he’s heard from several players and staff that Hubbard’s kind of wearing out his message and that several players are telling him to stop because there aren’t any issues in the program. Jones even went so far as to say that maybe better for the team as a whole if Hubbard went to the supplemental draft. Obviously, I don’t agree with that last part, and I’m very vocal in my support of equality, but maybe there is another side to this that isn’t getting aired as much.

3 Likes

You mean like the entirety of OAN?

2 Likes

First, I frequent this site daily for OSU news and have since inception and feel weird this is my first post because the overall quality of writing is done well. With that said, I would love to know what the PURPOSE was for this and other articles that are similar in nature. The reason I wonder is that when I saw the title I immediately thought there was news of a OSU/Gundy split and I was curious to read. Then I read the article and found it just plain…odd.

I ask this sincerely, what is the purpose of PFB? I would be curious how Kyle or PFB would answer that because if you are reporting OSU news then, where was the news to report? If you are looking for a headline to capture a broader market, like most news outlets, then I would ask, who is your market audience? As a lifelong OSU fan I would prefer PFB report news instead of attempting to MAKE news.

I say this not as person that is upset or thinks PFB needs to fold, but as your ideal demographic, or am I?

5 Likes

All the snowflakes in this and other related threads… “Boo-hoo, I don’t like being uncomfortable and definitely don’t like engaging in conversations that challenge my worldview. Can we just avoid it instead? I mean racism was beat when the Emancipation Proclamation was enacted. If it wasn’t then, it definitely disappeared when the Civil Rights Act was signed into law, so you’re really complaining about nothing. Besides, like I said before, it doesn’t make me feel very good inside and that’s the most important part.”

Bless your hearts…

2 Likes

I am very disappointing with Kyle Porter with all the Gundy stuff. Did Gundy make a bonehead mistake? Absolutely Yes. However, the obvious dislike for Gundy by Kyle Porter is down right atrocious. Honestly, I’ve lost a lot of my respect for Pistols Firing because of it. I think it is sad that so many articles have been written with the sole intention of sowing discord and hate. Leave that junk to the other news idiots. The only news source I follow is Pistols Firing because I get really tired of the political crap that everyone else reports. I even used to support Pistols Firing but no more. With every negative post that comes through I follow Pistols Firing less and less. If you want to do a couple of articles that is one thing but you are beating a dead horse and it sickens me.

1 Like

After considering all options and associated pro’s & con’s etc, I’ve come to look at this "as a singular question to myself’. What option would I place all my chips on the table for the BEST outcome for the 2020 season ALONE!
If it was presented to me as that question alone for a decision? I would put Gundy aside and let him know he is no longer HC at OSU. Inform him there will be a negotiated settlement on his contract TBD after 2020 season. Immediately. elevate KD as interim HC and inform world he will be considered a very strong candidate for the future HC position at end of season along with other interested candidates. I believe this would provide the best possible outcome for the 2020 season. It would give fans and players a fresh/energized outlook for 2020 and provide a much needed refreshing look to future for all, including RECRUITS! Most importantly, it avoids having ‘Gundy’s future’ become a continuing story AND/OR having the issue talked about in the media ad nauseam. Amen!

1 Like

Need to cut Gundy loose and do it soon as this will only get worse as time goes on. If you are going to take him to court for his behavior you complete the internal review and make a swift decision. Not acting sends the wrong message to athletes, support staff, and coaches in the entire athletic department. oSu moved swiftly on Murray Hall so I think change is in the air after due diligence.

1 Like

Porter gets paid by the sooners lol. You haven’t figured that out yet? It’s called fake news!!!

1 Like

Kyle please step down. U think there is this large base to get ride of Gundy, but its not. Most people who want Gundy gone hate osu ur want osu hurt. Like u Kyle. Repeating the same stories with new heading is not writing. Ask urself how chuba will fair after this. Will the nfl remember. How has this helped chuba charity. Do some reporting not what ur showing us. Do a poll I’m sure u would rate high in getting fired.

3 Likes

Mike Holder doesn’t have a 17 million dollar problem. He has an entitlement and crybaby problem.