Mike Holder's $17 Million Problem

@jeramy I literally laughed out loud… thank you for that! Your comment is so true!

You gotta write about both sides of the story. Holder does indeed have a predicament. It will be interesting what is decided not only in the short-term but what happens at OKState for the future. Good work KP

Not exactly. Most Sooner fans want Gundy to stay at OSU.

Last week I thought it was correct for PFB to write the story about Gundy and his T-shirt. I still think that. But to now follow it up with this article makes me scratch my head. It’s like there was a fire which was burning out but then someone comes along and fans the embers in an effort to reignite the inferno. Walk away and let the powers that be handle this. The second amendment protects Gundy for wearing that shirt and it does not make him a racist. He might be racist but wearing that shirt is not proof that he is a racist. I don’t think he saw any connection between that organization and their views on race. The guy is always busy and I doubt that he watches much news anyway. The other point is about Mike Holder giving out another extended contract for the same reason he did so for Travis Ford. He is afraid of losing coaches he considers to be successful. He has not learned from his mistake with Travis Ford. If he thinks that OSU cannot attract a talented coach, he is wrong. Out with the old and in with the new is not a bad thing. Brad Underwood leaves and we then pick up Mike Boynton. Just one example. Your job as the AD includes making the correct hiring decisions of head coaches. You should have the ability to know how to recruit talented coaches. The job of an AD is more than fund raising.

totally agree. there was absolutely no need or reason for this article.

i don’t even know why i came back again to the site today. but i’m not coming back again. this is ridiculous

2 Likes

Is Gundy in danger of being fired? I thought the university hadn’t really found much? Does PFB want him gone?

I think there is a good chance that systemic racism within the football program would have already surfaced during Gundy’s 15 year tenure. Perhaps there has been a few instances, but I haven’t seen any overwhelming evidence.

I think this has to do more with the several small “head scratching” instances that Gundy has done over the years. I agree that it has caused a negative impact on recruiting. Just look at the difference between Boynton and Gundy and how they carry themselves.

Now I don’t think Mike is a bad person. Nor do I think we should fire the best football coach in the history of the school over this instance. But I can see how people are drawing that conclusion.

1 Like

PFB is just stirring the pot.

How many times are you going to allow yourself to say “that was stupid” after you write something and not face, address, acknowledge any of the criticism? Take a look at the comments Porter. Our patience is growing thin with this sites distasteful writing as of late. Holder and Hargis did not and have not even addressed what the options were for handling this situation and you put out an article implying they wanted to fire him…? If that’s the case then where’s your proof? It sounds like you just wanted him fired. I didn’t go to journalism school so that probably makes me as qualified as a writer with a degree in health care administration but I don’t think your supposed to allow personal opinion to spill into your writing. Here’s some free advice. Hang it up before you and Boone write something else “stupid”.

1 Like

Whose opinion is he supposed to write in an opinion piece?

Porter, you claim to let Boone know when he writes something stupid. Who keeps you in check when you write something equally stupid?

4 Likes

All of this over a T-shirt? The world has turned into one big snowflake.

1 Like

These dudes: trollin_hatin

2 Likes

david10’s got a point. It is a problem. Hide your eyes or not. This isn’t the first dumb thing Gundy has done. And i’m not even talking about football!! That’s a whole other bag of disappointment.

Please!! Mike Gundy is ou’s favorite coach.

This is a sports blog…

I keep telling myself that I am going to quit commenting because I’m essentially beating my head against the wall due to the fact that PFB is staying the course with stirring up the pot and keeping us racist OSU alum’s/students/fans in the lime light. However I couldn’t help myself with wanting to help tai out a little. While I agree where tai is going with their post please be aware that it’s the first amendment that allows Gundy to wear what ever T-shirt he wants. The second amendment is for defending the first amendment plus other inalienable rights that we have in this country.

A couple more articles like this and you will lose at least one subscriber. This article is inflammatory at least, and mostly opinion.

1 Like

At least you’re acknowledging that you’re racist I guess…

1 Like

I love the irony of so many posters recently complaining about snowflakes and cancel culture and then threatening to quit subscribing because an article hurt their feelings.

1 Like