Monday Notes on Coaching Positions

Smart. Although I’d be worried about how well he could recruit.

2 Likes

Excellent point.

Zac is an ace recruiter. Of co-eds.

1 Like

Is Gundy becoming the College equivalent to Jerry Jones? With Holgerson and Monken being the Johnson and Switzer…
This may not be a new hot take, but I’ve never considered it until just now.

1 Like

Well let’s blow up his twitter account for crying out loud.

Man…you need a hug.

1 Like

QB coach tho? I’m admittedly very unfamiliar as to the day to day functions of that position. I feel like he could recruit his way out of the Bermuda Triangle though.

Trust me. Great kid and he could be good down the line, but man, not this early in his career. It’d be like starting a high school walk-on freshman in the CFP title game. I’m not trying to trash him. I’m just saying that we need coaches that will move us forward, not make us take a step back and I honestly believe that he would do that. Let him get another five, six years cutting his teeth with other programs and we’ll see where we go when Gundy is gone.

He still owes me a #2 pencil and a scantron for that business stat exam; can’t disagree with any other recruit “swindling” he could eventually be involved with :grin:

1 Like

Thank you for saving him from a Brenda Masters death.

5 Likes

Anything to keep him eligible! At the time, I couldn’t fathom anyone else throwing to #1

And man, I hadn’t thought of Masters in years - she was a firecracker

2 Likes

I was permanently scarred in her class by a fellow student who decided to only wear a too-large tshirt to class. I turned around to ask a question to my friend and I’m getting to know this woman way too well.

2 Likes

The person who thought those were stylish and unleashed them on a wider scale needs to be beaten within an inch of their life.

Haven’t heard that name in a while.

3 Likes

She really was a great lady, as long as you followed her rules. I’ve never see an eagle eye as good as hers tho…she could spot a folded up piece of the O’Colly at a hundred yards.

4 Likes

“Well, I guess the early bus is leaving! Anyone else needing to take the early bus can get out of here too!”

1 Like

I think there was a healthy discussion on her in a Twitter feed as it related to one of the Utah football commits. One of them is interested in statistics, if I recall. Brought back many memories.

1 Like

Ok, whoa. Just made me curious. Serious question for the non #olds who are still in college. Are #2 pencils and scantrons still things?

2 Likes

Ha, they sure are - well, at least in the “Masters gauntlet”. I want to say we also used them in Urich’s philosophy (I mean business law) class too.

1 Like

Wow. Colleges are supposed to be bastions of progression and here they are…keeping pencils, scantrons, chalkboards, and fax machines alive.