Monday Notes on Coaching Positions

It’s bewildering to me that people constantly whine about Gundy hiring a “no name/inexperienced” guy but then want him to bring in a former player just because they know him. :man_facepalming:t2:

10 Likes

“bewildering”

Hey, buddy…don’t use my words… :rofl:

You can use “adultish”, though…

By the way, I don’t know if you made mention of it, but that Eastern Michigan guy is not available…

1 Like

Yup. How good of a Coach was Gretzky? How good of a GM was Michael Jordan? (spoiler:bad)

Skillsets of a coach ≠ Skillsets of a player

1 Like

OOF. Night terrors, commence.

4 Likes

Wow he got a head coaching job, much lower level but still interesting.

Right? WashU, of all places.

I did not realize they even had a football team. I came very close to going there instead of OSU, but frankly did not do as high as I needed on the ACT.

WashU is one of those Ivy-level private schools, but floats under the radar for the most part. Really really good school.

(I’m sure you already know that.)

1 Like

Urich still teaches Consumer and Business law!? I loved his consumer law class when I took it…in 1997.

Crap…that was 23 years ago…

1 Like

He does indeed! Well, at least back in 2007-2011; I’m guessing he’s still making people read Babbitt and attempting to convert people to be acolytes of his “religion” lol.

I had him 95 or 96, I believe. Dam, I’m an #old

1 Like

He switched to the management department in 2015 IIRC. I was disappointed to learn I couldn’t take any more business law classes from him after I had him for a semester.

Masters? Urich?

They’re still there?!?

Wow.

1 Like