Mullet head clown delivers again

Wait…this post was flagged as offensive??

“2-13. What an unbelievable joke!!! At what point does our blind fanbase stop accepting this reality?”

Good grief. Snowflake central

2 Likes

A good way to get an ejection is to flag something I wrote that is not even near the line of appropriate and waste my time by having me review it @alum14.

5 Likes

Besides, he’s giving me a bad name for anyone who just reads “alum”. :wink:

1 Like

I agree with this. I understand, it can be somewhat embarrassing that OU dominates OSU in football. So I kinda know where he’s coming from.

At the same time, however, if you really analyze it, all it means is that a team that some people root for scores more football points than the team that I root for and attended school. So, if some Sooner fan were to say to me how there’s an 80something to something-teen Bedlam record, my thought is “Good job. The team you root for runs around with the football better than the team I root for. Way to go!”

2 Likes

He is correct. The situation is a little ridiculous. I’m convinced Mike Gundy May never beat OU again in his coaching tenure at OSU. I’m sure people will come after me for saying such a thing. I would ask those same people why they think a 2-13 record against OSU’s biggest rival would prove otherwise.

1 Like

Is the post not factual? So what exactly has to be done to prove the point that a 2-13 record shouldn’t give you much confidence in OSU beating OU? Just because someone puts on the orange shades doesn’t change history and facts.

Gundy and company had also found ways to lose Bedlam even a couple of years that OSU was the better team on paper.

I’m confused at what constitutes an awesome job for you. Is it 10 win seasons with really no meaningful or awesome wins? Or would it be more than one conference title? Or is it trying to get to 8 wins every season?

What constitutes success at OSU in you’re opinion?

1 Like

In any given year, 8-4 is a success. Be nice to at least go to the CCG now that it exists again every few years.

In softer goals to me, run a clean scandal free program and put an entertaining product on the field.

Not sure what you’re talking about here in regards to a post being factual. Gundy sucks against OU. He’ll likely never beat them again. OSU football is an overwhelming success financially and otherwise. Not being able to beat the third-best program in the country is not a reason to get rid of a coach. Success at OSU is winning nine games and playing for a conference crown once every 3-4 years. OSU played for four of the 10 in the 2010s.

8 Likes

It’s easy to complain and rant, but offer up how you would change things. Which coaches are you targeting? Pay, etc.

Don’t do that, please. Wanting change as a fan doesn’t require a ten-point plan of specific targets, specific pay, the pitch they would give, etc. It’s the same sort of argument as ‘let’s see you do better’ or the ever-popular-amongst-athletes ‘you haven’t experienced what we have, so you don’t have the right to criticize’. I think that there’s not nearly as much nuance as there could/should be with his complaints and I think that he’s painting things with a broader negative brush than is acceptable, but he’s under no obligation to formulate a specific plan of moving forward just for his opinion to be valid.

1 Like

Let’s pretend Gundy retires after the bowl game. Who is on your short list?

Don’t have any particular names, but I’d probably identify well thought of coordinators at similar schools.

Monken

Personally I think we’d be better off if Gundy takes the Arkansas job or something like that and we get a good, hungry head coach like Mike Norvell. Gundy’s not getting fired unless he wins 2, 3 wins twice in a row so we can forget that idea but maybe he needs a change like oSu does.

I thought we see more innovation out of our offense once Gleeson got here but I think he’s being controlled by Gundy to keep it simple which plays right into good teams like zerOU’s hands. They had a season’s worth of tape to watch and we didn’t fool them much at all.

What was up with the bunch up the line and running it up the middle multiple times crap?! That fooled er’body in the stadium!!

Mike Norvell (Memphis).

Jeff?

He likes the booger sugar too much for Holder to hire him.

It’s one way to find the energy to get our and 'croot.

Not a big deal, I’m just curious who people would want to target. I get it, I get frustrated but then think about how fast the wrong hire can crumble a program. Remember when Mack Brown averaged 10 wins for a decade and it was unheard of? We aren’t that far off of averaging 10 wins the last decade.

It would be a good article for PFB to research and write about winning coaches that get fired or forced to retire and the program after. I can think of Nebraska, Tennessee, Texas, Michigan and I’m sure there are others that I’m forgetting.

2 Likes