Mullet head clown delivers again

Sure, and that’s a reasonable take. I just see far too often the ‘You want to complain? Fine, fix it then, Mr. Smart Guy’ argument to try to shame or mock people into shutting up and I don’t want that to happen. It’s not incumbent on us to fix the problems that we are unhappy with. In terms of targets, though, that’s a legit question!

1 Like

I would say whomever is on Holders short list. His last hire has proven to be great and football is much more important to the athletic department so I am sure he keeps a running list of possibles.

So what record would y’all be happy with since Gundy took the helm? What about since 2010?

5 OU wins and 3 conference titles.

2 Likes

I never said they should get rid of Gundy for not beating OU. You’ve assumed that because I’ve posted Gundy’s record against OU that I’m of the opinion he should be gone. I look at the other factors besides the poor record vs OU.

Look at 2017 as an example. OSU brought back MR and Washington then didn’t even make it to the CCG and lost at home to an average K State team. In 2013 OSU probably shouldn’t have lost at home and won their 2nd conference crown. OSU loses to Central Michigan in 2016 in a game that OSU probably has no business losing.

I’m watching a coach in Waco, Texas in his 3rd year at that school taking them to the conference title game. While OSU fans are watching Gundy try to figure out how to get back into that position.

I don’t expect Gundy to trade blows with OU every other year. OU has been one of the top 5 programs in the country since 2015. However, I would say at a minimum he should be 5-10 against them and not 2-13. Even in the close Bedlam games the pokes have found ways to lose those.

I really just wanted to verify in the eyes of OSU fans what constitutes success for the OSU football program. I believe it’s varied among the fan base. Some may believe OSU should be a consistent 8-9 win team annually while others believe they should be going a minimum of 10-2 with a trip to the CCG every three years or so.

For you and others it might seem that I’m taking shots at Gundy. That’s not my goal or intent. Gundy needs to do better in recruiting and game planning / preparation. Seems when Monken and Holgerson we’re here that was rarely a problem. Now it seems consistent.

1 Like

The problem with using Rhule as a measuring stick is almost guaranteed they are about to have the same problem we would have with a coach like that. He will chase the money at another school or NFL team.

IDK man I think losing him to the NFL is way more realistic than to another college team…

Of course… Penn State…

2 Likes

Rhule has never beaten OU…so i guess they should move on from him too. What about Harbaugh and Ohio State? Should TCU move on from Gary Patterson?

As far as Rhule never beating OU, that might change real soon. I don’t think OU can beat them running the same play all day.
As for Harbaugh, I think his days are numbered and I think he knows it. I think that’s why he was so mad during the press conference.
With Gary Patterson, they only need to move on if they want to win the conference.

He’s running out of options of places in which to leave for next $ea$on. Hmmmmm…

2 Likes

Agree with everything until the last part about Patterson. TCU ain’t winning a conference title w/out him. Once he’s gone that program will fall to the place it should be at, right around where they ended up after this season. With some years better…depending on who the HC is.