National Signing Day Live Blog Recap: OSU Has Strong Start to Early Signing Period

Originally published at: National Signing Day Live Blog Recap: OSU Has Strong Start to Early Signing Period | Pistols Firing

OSU had a nice start to its signing period. Here’s who is on the way (so far)

1 Like

Let them roll in

1 Like

Still one of the worst recruiters in the conference. Then if he does get any 4* players, half of them will be gone before they get any real playing time. This worthless coach will not win a thing even after OU and Texas leave.

@ar1 aka THE-ex-girlfriend

Yet you keep coming back and back and back day after day after day showing you live in pure misery. Move on ex girlfriend.

3 Likes

I will say that according to ON3 TCU is killing it regarding 4 star players. Everyone else in the new B12 should be worried about that.

6 Likes

!00% agree. They could easily become the top dog in the new Big 12, especially if they can keep this coaching staff together for a few years. They already have huge momentum with the success they’ve had this year on the field. Combine that with the fact they can recruit out their back yard being in the DFW Metroplex. Very concerning.

Some of the offer lists are encouraging. Some are not. We shall see how much more “diamond in the rough” theory can hold up vs the rest of the conference.

Hope you like coming in 8th in the conference 9th if you look at avg. ranking of commits. Gundy couldn’t win a G5 conference with the crap he’s pulled over the last 6 years.

I know everyone is upset at the lack of stars next to our recruits’ names, but this looks like a pretty solid class of incoming freshman to me. I would love to have a bunch of 5 star offensive lineman, but outside of that what’s not to like? I see an Elite 11 finalist QB with great size at 6’3.5", big defensive backs, an assortment of OL and DL, 2 Juco guys that are ready to go, and some serious transfer talent. Of the transfers that are rated by 247 there’s: Stribling 91, Goodlow 90, Cooper 90, Tyler 89, Wright 89.

We “could” still land Jelani McDonald on Jan 7th. I’d like to see a running back in this class as well. What would you guys like to see?

3 Likes

With there big year. At the metro plex. And a good nil. Yes tcu will bee the top dog.

2 Likes

Gundy was never going to win the conference after OU and Texas leave anyway.

And you will never shut up. So we all have sad things to look forward to.

2 Likes

I don’t, because recruiting rankings don’t matter.

2 Likes

Really? You can look at what everyone else is doing and you feel good about this?
Just for reference how have you felt about the recruiting classes from 2013 till today?

2 Likes

At least Kansas is trying to improve.

@ar1 Had enough of your spam, muted. Technically it’s the ignored status but muted is more apropos

2 Likes

Some better than others but what I’m trying to say is that the ratings aren’t a crystal ball. For example, here are the 247 ratings for some notable players in the 2016 class:
Calvin Bundage .877
Rodarius Williams .8529
AJ Green .8465
Justice Hill .8443
Tevon Jenkins .8422
Devin Harper .8401
Dillon Stoner .8395
Amen Ogbongbemiga .8252
Landon Wolf - unrated walkon

13 of our 2023 commits are rated as high as AJ Green or better. Now will they all be as good as AJ Green and Justice Hill? Nope. But that’s 9 guys who made a huge impact on the program and 6 of them are in the NFL (I think). What did that class have in common with this one? Guys that were the right size (and speed) for their position.

3 Likes