Non OSU football thread

Granted it’s against Bowling Green but K state is looking pretty good.

And he’s no longer at OU because he was displaced by a 5* and then a 4* transfer, one of whom had an excellent season and the other appears primed to. What are we to take from recruiting rankings based on this information?

Probably the same as a 4* QB from Utah getting displaced by a 26 year old walk on.

Or a 4* QB from Norman getting displaced by a 5th year senior walk on.

Recruiting rankings are stupid.

Is that richardkennedy I hear?

1 Like

And yet it’s practically guaranteed that the teams that will be in the CFP do well in those rankings. How would you like to discuss the relative talent each team has coming in each year?

2 Likes

Army’s tied with Michigan at 14 with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Just got a 4th down stop and have the ball back.

1 Like

Army freshman kicker barely pushed game winning field goal right. Going to overtime

Michigan kicker almost missed the extra point.

That was wild. Who’s everybody rooting for in A&M-Clemson?

I don’t love Clemson (still salty about finishing in second place for Etienne - he and Chuba in the backfield would be god-tier) but I just can’t root for the Aggies. Their fans are jags, their coach is a scumbag, and they are nearly as insane as the Longhorns in terms of hype. Also, they flip our recruits so…screw 'em.

2 Likes

I’ve been in the Army since 2007 and sort of followed them since I joined. They were brutal to watch back then.

I had to look it up, but they went 3-9 that year. From then until they hired Jeff Monken in 2014, they only made one bowl game and never beat Navy.

Since hiring Monken, they’ve made three bowls, took OU and Michigan to OT the last two years, and beat Navy three times.

Crazy what he’s done there. He’s Todd Monken’s cousin if anyone’s wondering. Great coach!

2 Likes

Wow, Maryland really put it to Syracuse. That opens at least one spot in the top 25.

I’m rooting for A&M for the first time since they were in the SEC. Give me chaos.

1 Like

Clemson

Boulder is a Nebraska home game.

This guy is

Hard to root against any academy in a competition. But Army holds a special place in my heart after learning about grandfather, great grandfather, great grandfather all served in the army

1 Like

That’s just crazy. Do they stop chorin’ on Saturday? Is that why they can travel? The whole state is off work.

1 Like

I’m gonna need you to take 'bout 20% offa that there, Geo.

1 Like