Non OSU football thread

Not sure why you would say that. We’ve out scored plenty of teams in the past with a lack luster D. Our offense looks as potent as ever. We proved we can stop 3rd and short. Just gotta work on 3rd and long (as usual). Why shouldn’t we be in the mix for the conference title?

1 Like

It’s not just 3rd and long. We couldn’t defend a wet sheet last night. Our line was…fine. Our LB were okay. But our DBs were abysmal.

1 Like

Our db’s were keying on the run and over committed at times. But with a RB who ran for 1300 yards as a frosh, can you blame them. EVERYBODY thought the beavers would run and slow the game down. We did adjust and went up 21 points by forcing 3 consecutive 3 and outs. Did I miss something?

No, and I’m not taking anything away from the fake OSU. But the bombs to Hodgins and that last drive of the game were…troubling. I saw zero effort from anyone on those plays. If we miss, we miss - it happens. I’m not okay, though, with slacking and I saw a good deal of it in the fourth quarter.

1 Like

Iowa State and CFA. Both fine. Both overrated. How about this … win nine games.

@kyleporterCBS, I can live with nine, but I’m thinking 10+, especially with ISU’s performance today. I think the Texas game will be very telling. But don’t underrate Tulsa. Their offense was horrid (couldn’t even get a clean snap), but held a ranked MSU to 28. Hmm

So Auburn beat Oregon. Does that mean the PAC 12 is irrelevant yet again?

The PFB writers could hold MSU to 35. One of the most anemic offenses in P5.

2 Likes

Quoted by Spencer Hall… I can quit the internet now.

Goon defense looks improved

And the media slobbering all over OU like a dog without any training of any kind begins and will not stop this entire year.

Edit: Case in point: https://twitter.com/adamgorney/status/1168343330767298561

Nah, let’s ignore a 200-yard rushing performance from the other Oklahoma school and a 400-yard one from Wisconsin. This is clearly the best player and team in the country.

1 Like

Well Houston wasn’t doing themselves any favors. Looks like they’ve settled in a bit.

I remember thinking there was no way Lincoln would be as good or better than Bob. No way! Did not age well.

Might want to put the ou crown on lay away - Houston hasn’t had a defense since Ed Oliver went Patty Hearst on them last year.

Anyone have any news on McClesky? I noticed he didn’t have any stats for Tulane this past weekend.

They played on Thursday and beat FIU 42-14. He had one catch for five yards. It looks like he also got called for a false start and was flagged for a holding penalty on his only other catch.

How about this, we win 13.

1 Like

Love it. It’s never a bad thing to have high expectations.

West Virginia is really bad.

Austin Kendall is really bad too… But he was a 4* top QB.

Scary as hell moment in the Ohio State/Cincy game. Kyriq McDonald (S at Cincy) collapsed on the field and started convulsing. He looks to be okay and they got him off the field but, man, that just gives you a sick feeling in your stomach to see.