NSD No. 2 Thread

There won’t be much action today, but we’ll keep track of it right here.

3 Likes

OSU lands its QB. I’ll have more on this shortly.

2 Likes

Pokes also add some LB depth here. This signing takes the class to 22. Jabar Muhammad will be No. 23. Christian Holmes would be No. 24 if and when he enrolls. So not much more action after that.

2 Likes

Hey Kyle - Any idea behind the thought process of recruiting 4 linebackers in this class? We use a 2 linebacker set, so I’m curious if they plann on moving some these guys to a different position?

That’s probably a @dustinragusa24 question. He’s toyed a lot with the different ways OSU uses its DL and LBs.

3 Likes

Have you heard anything about Costello potentially leaving?

1 Like

I think there are a few drivers why they have recruited four linebackers in this class:

• From the 2019, 2018 and 2017 classes combined, there are two players currently left on the roster who were recruited as linebackers out of high school, Na’drian Dizadare and Kamryn Farrar.

• Two of the guys on most people’s two-deep for next season at LB are in their last year of eligibility, Amen and Devin Harper. They also lost Philip Redwine-Bryant, who saw some action.

• There’s talk of Bundage moving to safety, but either way, it’s his last year of eligibility too.

• After these losses, and not counting the new recruits, you are left with Dizadare, Farrar, Braden Spicer, Carson Kropp, Adam Martin and Relijah Sherman. And, I’m not positive all of those guys are still going to be on the roster next season.

• A couple of these incoming freshmen could potentially move to the Trace Ford role or even the Kolby Harvell-Peel role at some point in their career, as Peel played some LB in high school.

8 Likes

Was curious about tape for Ethan Bullock. Found some. Limited action aside, decently impressed. Reminds me a bit of Nick Starkel. Moves with wisdom in the pocket, made some tough throws from one hash to the other, makes some good on-the-move throws. Think he can be a serviceable QB at this level. He made some decisions at the JUCO level he wouldn’t get away with at Div. I, but the confidence/decision-making looked good. Thing I’m most intrigued by is the mobility. They didn’t run him much but he’s got some wheels when he tucks it down and runs.

4 Likes

Nice. Thanks Dustin!

2 Likes

The presumptive final signature is in: Jabbar Muhammad has signed.

So… since his number is on there should I text him and say hi?

2 Likes

Robert Allen basically said he was gone in his article about this JUCO QB. RA said we needed this guy because we only have 2 scholarship QBs on campus. RA is very aware that Illingsworth and Sanders are on campus so he is basically saying in code that Costello is gone. Remember the transfer portal is actually not public though most guys do something on social media to say they are on it. So he could be on the portal and we not know publicly and it would just be like RA to be cryptic about it.

NP :slight_smile:

You mean you haven’t already? Wayyyy behind bro.

3 Likes

Yes. I was told “one foot out the door.”

1 Like

His arm strength/accuracy looks impressive; the throw from the right hash to the opposite sideline was nice. Interested to see what our system/staff can do with him!

Any update on Dee Anderson? I read that he didn’t see the field much/was in the doghouse at LSU for “conditioning issues.” Could there be a worse problem to have for a Big 12 receiver?

1 Like

I mean, pg. 326, section 3 of the ‘Handbook to Being a Decent Human Being’ pretty much states that grown adult men should always tweet at college recruits so… YeeeEEAAHH.

4 Likes

Do you have to be decent in the first place to have said book or…

I don’t have one.

1 Like

I am starting to think that he might be a fall camp guy, meaning would count him towards next years 25 total taken players.

1 Like