Official Cade Cunningham thread

Silent commit honestly sounds lame and false. Maybe it’s true, but it smells fishy.

When? 2005? When only two of them actually ever played for us? And current recruits were 3 years old?

Nash, Smart, etc.

The microscope for bag drops wasn’t on Ford like it is on Boynton. And while those were elite players, the classes around them weren’t good enough to do anything substantial.

We aren’t getting those type of recruits in football is my point. We can compete in hoops.

Never understood the point of a “silent commit.”

If this is true, I would like to think this lights a fire under Boynton and Co. if elite players want to contend for championships, coach will show them we can compete for rings. I feel like we can do significantly better than 6th in the league and make the dance with this team. So what if we can’t land a five star recruit in our coach’s third year, I’m sure more will come in the future (if everything goes right). Either way, fill GIA support the cowboys no matter what

5 Likes

Calipari putting the heat on Cade. 4th visit in 6 weeks.

I can’t remember how many visits we made the same period (kinda damning if we have let up), also curious how many visits are allowed by a coach

Corey Evans said today that Boynton has been in “practically every week.” Also, you can look at it another way… couldn’t it be possible that if he had let up (he hasn’t) then he feels really good about where we’re at?

Just a thought.

3 Likes

Just saw on twitter where someone says his “source” is telling him Cade’s commitment will happen tomorrow. @kyleboone

1 Like

Seeing a lot of rumors of Cade announcing his commitment to Kentucky tomorrow. However, Corey Evans said we are absolutely still in it just two hours ago. Any updates this morning @kyleboone?

Apparently CC’s father requested Cal to come visit yesterday

Those rumors are coming from one guy on Rupp Rafters and it has been discredited. Really would be a shocker if he were to announce even relatively soon. Everything i’ve heard and read points to after Thanksgiving.

3 Likes

Thank goodness! I have to stop believing all this Kentucky generated hype :rofl:. So I’m guessing the rumor about Cade’s dad requesting a visit from Coach Cal is also false?

Yes, Cal showed up to practice. CC’s dad wasn’t there.

1 Like

Reading this thread sends me through such a roller coaster of emotions, but for some reason I have re-read the entire thing like twice daily for a week. I just need an actual answer and at this point I do not even care what the answer is. I’m about to have to get on freaking anxiety meds if this doesn’t stop soon lol

2 Likes

Cade, you have seemed to always be pretty in the know so I have a question for ya here…

Why do you think it is that practically every recruiting source in the country has totally different leans on where Cunningham ends up playing his college ball? Just the difference in being closer to one staff than another? It is really frustrating that no one can seem to agree on it, at all.

3 Likes

That I don’t know about, but I think that whole situation is blown out of proportion. Even if he did (which nobody has confirmed), what’s the big deal? The Kentucky fans that think Cade’s dad allegedly requesting a visit secures his commitment are just wishing. It could literally just as easily have been to shut it down. Calipari did visit Cunningham yesterday, but I would be surprised if something that specific leaked out. I really think these swirling rumors (not necessarily Boone’s source) are coming from message boards. There’s a contingent that thinks he’s announcing tomorrow on ESPN! Holy leap of faith!

Also, nobody seems to mind that Florida’s coach is visiting tomorrow! Lol

4 Likes

I’m not sure I’m “in the know” as much as I’ve followed this really closely from the time OSU started to emerge in his recruitment. I’m not much into the sawces game anymore. But, I think @kyleboone even responded to something similar: It could be as simple as 247 being plugged into Kentucky’s camp and Rivals being plugged into OSU’s camp. I think that’s probably the case because both outlets have wildly different takes. Both feel really good about where they stand, but remember when he was for sure committing to North Carolina a couple of weeks ago?

Here’s my take: there’s a TON of guessing going on and I don’t think anyone really knows. Every message board and outlet has a different take, ranging from he’s an OSU lock to he’s committing to Kentucky on ESPN tomorrow. That makes me think nobody actually knows. And is that surprising? NOTHING has leaked from Cunningham’s camp until his Kentucky visit. Now it takes on water? That just doesn’t make a sense at all.

One thing that makes me remain confident he’s coming to OSU: the people that have been plugged into this from the beginning (that have also correctly predicted several outcomes along the way - i.e., Davonte Davis decomitting) remain adamant that OSU is a lock. The majority of the Kentucky smoke being referenced on Twitter is emanating from one guy on an unpaid message board.

3 Likes