Official Cade Cunningham thread

THIS. This is the thing that has confused me the most. In my mind, any “leaks” by them have been for funsies so that they could all sit back and watch things spiral up, down and all around at a million miles an hour. If I was any type of high profile recruit I have to think this would be fun to watch. But it also worries me that he will pull a total curveball out of his rear and commit to Florida or Washington shortly after everyone essentially marked them off.

While I was still in school I was fortunate enough to run around with some of the athletes and every now and again got to hear some actual “current player to recruit” convos and such… I miss those days as that info always seemed to play out fairly well. So now I just sit in my office and hope I don’t log onto a message board to see any bad news lol

3 Likes

This thread is worse for my cardiovascular health than Cowboy football…

3 Likes

I think it’s important to remember that Kentucky has, by far, the craziest fans in college basketball. They also have a lot of people in college basketball media. You know how Eddie isn’t in the basketball hall of fame? It’s mostly because of what happened at Kentucky… and they do an awesome job of creating this frenzy around prospects where the end goal is to make the kid feel guilty if they don’t commit to play there. It happens all the time. I think that Kentucky leaking out all of this info and putting out all of these rumors on what was otherwise a really tight recruitment process is going to turn him off to them… He puts out the “I’m not committed. There are no insiders” posts too much to enjoy this kind of press that is almost exclusively from the Kentucky camp.

3 Likes

I am taking this for the absolute truth and running with it all the way up until he commits to oSu.

1 Like

It was really weird when all these rumors started coming out because up until then Cade’s camp was completely silent. The only thing we heard was that Cade’s recruitment was still open and he was still taking all of his visits. Kentucky basketball fans are crazy! It would not surprise me if this was all fan generated. It’s to the point where they think they are a lock because OSU is about to receive sanctions from the NCAA. I know we are still waiting to see about that, but they would have no way of knowing when and if that’s going to happen. This recruitment has been an absolute rollercoaster and I can’t wait for it all to be over soon (with Cade in an OSU hat :wink:).

NO NO NO. Now all I can think about is Cade waiting to see if the hammer drops on OSU before going elsewhere. NO. NO NO. Delete that post!!!

(i don’t think that’s happening)

@kyleboone you heard anything about how the program feels re: possible sanctions? All I’ve read and heard says they feel confident we’ll avoid something earth-shattering.

2 Likes

Lol. That’s a fan generated rumor on Twitter, no reason to let it worry you. I just used that as an example of Kentucky fans being absolutely insane.

1 Like

if Cade does end up at OSU… it’ll be pretty enjoyable to scroll through Kentucky basketball twitter and message boards after the announcement.

5 Likes

This would be peak OSU athletics. The hammer is dropped on us while Calipari, a guy who is guaranteed to bring ncaa violations to your school post employment, skates by.

Regarding possible sanctions, I wrote a pretty lengthy, sourced post on that in the PFB+ hoops thread last week.

As far as Cade committing tomorrow … no one reputable has reported that and I’m dubious it happens for at least another month.

3 Likes

Fans with sources. It’s fake news.

I wonder (I can hope) if him coming out and saying ‘I’m not committed anywhere’ after the first Kentucky ‘leaks’ was a warning to stop making false claims and that he may be getting annoyed with the continued spread of UK misinformation. Yeah, grasping at straws and all that, but I imagine he maybe was a bit annoyed with the ‘OSU hired his brother - he’s going there’ talk too. I think that he really, really wants his recruitment to be his, which includes the announcement, and that pushing and spreading rumors is only going to backfire. Again, I can hope.

You avoided the bet…

Looks like Jerry Meyer has switched to UK…

2 Likes

He did that last week. The panic about that one has died down.

1 Like

I must have missed it…I will breath again!!!

1 Like

Oh, breathing is still likely something to be concerned about, but we have enough new information to give us anxiety attacks. Old stuff is just that.

The Boone Pickens State guy just put out there that Cade is committing to Kentucky tomorrow.

That guy has never been right about anything, so fully expect the opposite to happen now.

3 Likes

Hmmm… You don’t say? Because I got SHREDDED for this take…