Official Cade Cunningham thread

Is this the most non-talked about OV from a high profile athlete? I remember getting updates about laquan treadwell about which restaurants he was at. Which house party he went to. Nothing on Cade other than an instagram video.

2 Likes

It may be, Tulsa. With a literal program-changing athlete coming to visit campus, Iā€™d imagine that they are doing whatever he likes to keep him comfortable.

Thatā€™s not a bad thing. Let the coaches do their thing. That stuff can turn creepy real quick

3 Likes

He posted ā€œwhat do yā€™all thinkā€ on his insta story with a picture of him and his family all in OSU gear.

I guess go tell him what you think?

Iā€™m typically pretty against tweeting at crootsā€¦ But

Mike Boynton was at Bryce Thompsonā€™s house at midnight, the exact second the Recruitment Period opened up, per Corey Evans.

Saw someone over on Rivals speculate (emphasis on speculate) that an in-home visit like that could mean thereā€™s something in place with Cade Cunningham and/or JT Thor.

@kyleboone you hearing anything?

3 Likes

Haha no, thereā€™s nothing in place officially other than I still feel like OSU is landing Cade. But heā€™s not ready to make a decision yet. And same with Thor.

Lie to me, bro.

6 Likes

If I hear of something you will be the first to know :slight_smile: but I donā€™t wanna sell you fake sunshineā€¦ I still think itā€™s going to be OSU, though.

2 Likes

I can live with whatever happens this recruiting cycle.

Boynton is doing everything he possibly can. There isnā€™t anything else he can do. Billy bob in Friday night lights calls that being perfect.

4 Likes

247 national analyst Evan Daniels changed his prediction on Cunningham from OSU to undecided earlier today.

:face_vomiting: Marshall, the Bringer of Dire News.

John Calipari and Roy Williams both visited Cunningham in Florida today as the live period began.

:unamused::flushed:

There is some ā€¦ less than optimistic behind-the-scenes buzz floating about re: Cade Cunningham.

John Calipari visited him on Monday. Roy Williams is pushing hard. After some expectations that Cunningham was a done deal and staffs stopped pursuing him, it appears those staffs are now engaging again knowing that Cunningham isnā€™t totally set on Oklahoma State.

I may need to mute this thread. I appreciate the updates, but man, they are never positive ones, which is a whole lot of Oh No coming down.

Clarification: This is not unexpected and I didnā€™t expect smooth sailing the whole way. But you canā€™t tell me that when news coming out is bad, that itā€™s not disheartening.

1 Like

He is the No. 2 player in the country and not currently committed to anyone. Anyone who expects schools to stop recruiting Cade before he signs (or at the very least commits) is being silly.

5 Likes

If you think there wasnā€™t going to be a major bar fight for the #2 player in the country I dk what to tell you.

3 Likes

Praying that he likes playing for his brother and with his Titans teammates enough to outweigh playing for a blue blood.

What scares me is that Roy Williams seems to be in a good spot for Bryce and Cade tooā€¦ Iā€™d die if they teamed up somewhere else.

This is my worst nightmare. This result would be about 1,000,000 times more disappointing than Dax Hill.

1 Like