Official Cade Cunningham thread

The more I think about that Insta post, the more I really do think it’s less a joke and more of a warning, specifically to UK fans. It was played like a troll and he was laughing about it, but the more I re-read it, the words he’s choosing are deliberate. OSU fans, while speculating, aren’t making any guarantees or claims that they for sure know where he’s going. UK fans are making it seem like they are privy to privileged information that they can guarantee is true. I’m not saying that they’re pushing him away, but I think that he really, truly feels that this is HIS decision to make on HIS time and it is HIS right to announce it, whereas the UK fans are falling all over themselves to ‘break the news’. I’d imagine it feels like a slight violation and could really end up backfiring if they don’t back off like he is suggesting here.

I don’t know for sure, but that’s how I’m reading it after a little time to think it over.

3 Likes

No way, you guys are homers just like the rest of us. You guys do a great job with OSU.

1 Like

I agree. To me it is a “don’t get too cocky” to UK and the recruiting analysts.

After the Insta and all the UK noise, I honestly think UK feels they have it because they are up against a “non blueblood” so they should win this. I’d love to see him buck that trend and pick us… if not us, shock the world and go to UW, at least there we wouldn’t have to hear too much about him.

(To be clear I want him to come to us over UW, just saying them over UK would hilarious)

2 Likes

I’d love to get Cade but I don’t think our program depends on it. I’m long on Boynton.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t count UW out after they got Isaiah Stewart and Jaden McDaniels. They’ve got something cooking there.

This is 100% tongue-in-cheek, but…

Does anyone else feel like we are getting the D.E.N.N.I.S. system from It’s Always Sunny put to us?

D - Demonstrate value: Cade is a generational talent that anyone would love to have.

E- Engage physically: meeting with Boynton starting way back before he was a highly touted recruit. Built a relationship with Boynton early in his recruiting process.

N - Nurture dependence: Seeming generally interested in OSU. Getting his boys to go on a visit with him. Potentially suggesting we should target his AAU teammates to play with him. Getting his brother hired as an assistant coach. This potentially lead us to miss out on other more realistic targets and depend solely on hitting a home run with the #2 overall recruit.

N - Neglect emotionally: silently commit to UK during his visit, but not letting us know. The fan base is down in the dumps as “reports” start to surface.

I - Inspire hope: today he sends out cryptic instagram post leading the fan base to get all riled up again. See, the UK message board posters are trash AND HE IS DEFINITELY COMING TO OSU FINAL FOUR HERE WE COME BOYNTON 10-YEAR EXTENSION.

S - Separate entirely: Cunningham commits to UK publicly in the coming weeks.

16 Likes

You’re a monster and I hate you.

1 Like

You can’t hate me for this more than I hate me for this.

2 Likes

I’ve determined that I love OSU because I hate myself.

5 Likes

This is the kind of in-depth analysis we come here for.

4 Likes

I’m so mad I agree with you right now

1 Like

@kyleboone has your source changed their stance at all after Cade’s Instagram post. Is he silently committed and just wants the announcement to be his own? Or, is he actually still open?

Also…Kentucky fans might actually be the worst. Some of them now believe Cade is committed to UT Arlington :man_facepalming:t2::rofl:

8 Likes

It’s time to let things just play out.

No change. Haven’t talked to the source since over the weekend, but the fake Instagram commitment isn’t related to the Kentucky noise. It’s related to fake rumors that he was committing today (which was way fake news).

2 Likes

Mike Hopkins is a tremendous coach and person. I got to know him when he was with Syracuse under Jim and he was honestly the relator that brought recruits and boosters in. Jimmy B being an asshole is a bit of an understatement, and at times players were thinking of transferring because of his attitude. Hopkins always brought them around. He’s someone you want to impress, someone you want to hear praise from. Obviously I hope he goes to OSU, but Cade would have a good mentor in Hopkins.

3 Likes

This might be the best comment in PFB+ history.

4 Likes

to answer your question, yes i do believe that is whats happening

About half way down it mentions Cade…

2 Likes

Also reiterated that we’re out of the running for Bryce, which is too bad.

I’m skeptical. I think UNC is totally out on Bryce, given the players they’ve gotten recently and I think we absolutely still have a shot with him. I’m starting to give less credence to these ‘experts’ who honestly just don’t know. Not like, richardkennedy-level skepticism, but I can’t fathom that UNC is still in the running there.

2 Likes