Official PFB+ Bedlam 2020 thread

Let’s get this thing going with a bit of optimism: Source tells PFB that offensive lineman Jake Springfield has a good chance to return for Bedlam on Saturday. Key piece of the OSU offensive line who has emerged as a starter at tackle.

20 Likes

Alright! That actually makes me feel a lot better. I think this one is going to come down to our O line versus their D line and limiting Sanders mistakes.

4 Likes

Strong agree. If Chuba and LD can get going, stretch their legs a bit, maybe break a few big ones, OSU has a real shot to control the game.

7 Likes

Our D has me feeling optimistic about the game. Secondary is much better than anyone OU has faced. I think we can make Rattler look like a freshman QB.

The offense is past due for some fireworks. Pokes by 10.

5 Likes

Bless you fine people and this thread! I’ve not read any PFB since Friday, so I’m catching up this fine morning. With the Gundy Sucks tribe spewing on EVERY STINKING POST I’ve gotten a bit down. And let’s be honest, the embattled O-line is probably going to be the difference. They will face a good d-line, and I’m losing my optimism again.

Anyway, I think @AustnPoke has a GREAT point that the defense can shake the Rattler and win the TO battle. I have purchased ingredients for a very Orange, very intoxicating cocktail to enjoy on Saturday and my Phantom Pete flag has been flapping out front all week. Let’s GO COWBOYS!!!

8 Likes

no no. You are doing it all wrong, its Pokes by 90 (@ScottCorken)

3 Likes

This feels very cater-to-the-basey to say, but I believe this statement:

OKLAHOMA STATE IS GOING TO WIN ON SATURDAY.

Hold on to your butts.

13 Likes

I just hope everybody has a good time.

4 Likes

How early is too early to start drinking? Is today at noon too early? Asking for a friend…

9 Likes

You understand me.

POKES BY FREAKING 90.

7 Likes

Pokes 34-31

1 Like

I think Rattler will make mistakes, and I hope we can capitalize on them. I feel like their secondary is prime for a long night… Their D line is pretty good, I dont anticipate Chuba having a big day because they are going to key on him and make Sanders beat them. Our O Line has been brutal at times this year (in part due to injuries and COVID parties) and I am worried they can hold up to the D Line.

1 Like

Will we see the return of Kyle Porter this week?

8 Likes

I don’t know the roster very well, so am I correct that this puts us back to:

LT- Springfield
LG- Sills (original game 1 spot)
C- Ry Schneider (original game 1 spot)
RG- Woodard
RT- Jenkins (original game 2 spot/preseason spot before Galloway ret.)

Couldn’t find participation summaries in the box scores for Tulsa, WVU, or TX but this is the line we had for KU and ISU according to box scores. What other games?

1 Like

I just want us to look at throwing to someone else besides Wallace. I imagine they’ll put their 2 best guys covering Tylan, so Johnson/Wolf/Stoner/WOODS could have a day. Maybe one of the transfers can have a performance like Tyron Johnson did in 2018. OU’s secondary is bad, and we have lots of weapons. USE THEM!

7 Likes

I’m sure said by others and it’s pretty obvious too but:

1. We have to win the turnover battle, which I think we can do. I have a feeling our defense will force a couple of turnovers from Rattler. The key will be Sanders not returning the favor.

2. Offense has to get going especially when the defense creates turnover. We have to take advantage of any extra possessions on offense.

I think we are capable of accomplishing both things. It’ll be a tough game. I doubt it happens, but man I wish we could blow them out at their place on National TV.

4 Likes

I’d like to see Presley have a Tyron-like Bedlam performance.

12 Likes

I can’t wait for Gundy to run right into OU’s strength the majority of the game instead of throwing it into OU’s weakness. It feels like everyone is on the same page that the run game will struggle, but I’m sure Gundy will spend the 1st half trying to prove us wrong. Hopefully he will.

8 Likes

We’ll need the run game to stay successful, but we should open that up with the passing game. If gundy wastes a half trying to force the run game to set up passes, it’s gonna be a long night.

5 Likes

Get Presley in motion and give him the ball a few times in the backfield, let him get out on the edge. If that can be semi-successful, it’ll open the run game up for SS and whichever RB is in the game.

7 Likes