Official PFB+ Homecoming Game Thread

Just a complete waste of talent. Put chuba on a good team he’s in NYC

Lolz

Dude, defending Gundy after a nightmare like this isn’t the move. Sanders needs to be benched and Gundy needs to be fired. Performances like this season cannot be acceptable.

Amazing that we are closer to Kansas than. Everybody else

Oh yea blew another half time lead

I bet you’d be a nightmare to work for.

1 Like

Sanders doesn’t have it yet. I’m not saying he won’t, but we can’t keep him in and get to a bowl game at this rate. Only winnable game left is Kansas.

Tylan too.

I think that we had an offense people feared in 2011 had a lot to do with it. It put pressure on other teams and made them take some risks. It also encouraged our defense.
tough to play defense when you dont have faith in your offense.

Because I refuse to accept a lack of effort? Losses and mistakes and failures happen. Those are acceptable and part of how things go. I’m not criticizing that. What we are seeing now is different. What we are seeing now is a systemic rot setting in. What we are seeing is a program being eaten by years of bad recruiting, bad personnel decisions, and bad playcalling with a man who refuses to learn, change, or adapt to current trends in charge and refusing to tolerate even the slightest interference with his little fiefdom. If I have a student who is not only failing but continuing to refuse to change and instead just sends me excuses, I’m going to fail that student if they earn a failing grade. I’m not going to give him an ‘A’ and tell him to do better with his next class. He is suffering NO penalties and producing a subpar effort. That, to me, is throwing good money after bad and hoping things change.

1 Like

We’ve been exposed.

1. Take #2 out of the game because no DC has an concerns about any other receiver
  2. Keep #3 in the pocket, he will turn it over
  3. Mitigate # 30 as best you can (He will make plays)

Do those 3 things and the opposition will get a W

1 Like

It is a repeat of last year. The worst part is we as fans keep expecting better and keep expecting more and the product on the field stays the same. The only constant over the last three years is Gundy and hope we live up to our expectations, only to fall flat again. We are quickly becoming irrelevant and that is what is most disturbing about our football team. Are we going to become Kansas and say basketball is coming?

1 Like

Not that it was likely to happen either way, but now Chuba could beat Barry’s record and still not win the Heisman.

We have players to win in this conference. Just not the coaching. Tenn deserves Gundy. We deserve better.

I’ve been an employee, a manager and The boss. I think you’re saying effort is the most important thing, is that correct?

1 Like

I don’t think we’d ever fire Gundy. He’ll either turn it around and step down on a higher note than this or it’s going to get worse than this and he steps down to protect his legacy.

Let this sink in. This team could very well finish 5-7 with a player potentially receiving heisman votes. Dumbfounding…

2 Likes

I’m saying that if someone who has been a steady presence for well over a decade has the product he is putting forth dropping beyond subpar and consistently so, you have to have a real conversation with that person to determine if he needs help or if he needs to go elsewhere. You don’t give him excuses or things to point at as to why he is failing. If you can’t do the job anymore, you leave. If you aren’t willing to do the job anymore, you leave. If you are both incapable and unwilling to improve yourself, even (or maybe especially) if it means you have to go outside what you’re used to, you lose your job. Flat out. What you don’t do is reward the person for their ‘loyalty’ with a constant raise. Either they fix what’s going wrong or they are no longer a part of your business. That simple.

1 Like

Agreed, again. But neither you nor I are able to have that talk with Gundy. Only holder can. Maybe we should trust holder’s judgement. He knows how to win nattys.

He needs to have that talk tomorrow, honestly. Just a ‘Mike, what the heck is going on?’ thing. He’s the AD and, honestly, a dang good one. It’s his job to make the necessary corrections that Gundy isn’t willing to do. Otherwise, we are just paying more and more money for a coach who is unwilling to do anything to improve. That is, to put it lightly, a bad investment and he is going to see a severe drop in ticket sales and funding if he doesn’t fix it. Like you said, it’s on him, but I don’t know that he can afford to be overly patient at this point.