Oklahoma= Midwest or the South?

Uh huh. If only we could have a thread where random facts are acceptable and where it won’t get shut down or deleted because some cause controversy because they mistake fact for opinion.

1 Like

Or maybe just chill out @GeoPoke

12 Likes

I can’t agree with that one. Weeden is the GOAT until Oklahoma State manages to recruit and develop a QB and team that produces 2 Big 12 titles with 2 or more Bedlam wins in said QBs tenure (roughly 4 years). Weeden is the standard until then in my opinion. If…IF Spencer were to grab a Bedlam win, a Big 12 title, reach the CFP, and win the Natty this year, he would then become the GOAT because of the Natty.

5 Likes

I just wish there was a social media site that existed where groups of friends (or former acquaintances) could reunite with each other and share their random facts as a group.

Oh wait…

4 Likes

As Colin mentioned, they used to be! University of Michigan used to be hailed as the “premiere institution in the West”, I think their fight song or alma mater mention it as well.

2 Likes

I agree with this. I feel like the only difference is that our ego’s are appropriate in Oklahoma whereas Texas’ are unjustifiably large.

6 Likes

Preach it, Brother GT20!

6 Likes

I think we can now confirm that Oklahoma is in the South East…. I’ll see myself out.

6 Likes

Only part of Oklahoma though. The other part might end up in the midwest, the Atlantic, or the Pacific!

1 Like

Haven’t read the entire thread- but chiming in… As someone who grew up in Northwest Oklahoma and has spent a considerable amount of time in the panhandle- We’re not Midwest.

2 Likes

Technically you’re not like the rest of Oklahoma either. :wink:

5 Likes

Fair enough!

Northwest Oklahoma is gods country and props the state up- convince me otherwise. :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’ve lived in the panhandle a year now and the western 2 counties of the panhandle bear a lot of similarity with New Mexico. I’d say the panhandle could be characterized s Southwest.

2 Likes

Buffalo is as close to the panhandle as I’ve come. But I think we can all agree that Stillwater is god’s country. Second place might be up for debate though. :joy:

4 Likes

For sure- the old west / the Mesas in Cimarron Co. rodeo culture

2 Likes

Got a friend that lives in Arkansas. Just calls them “billies” for short.

5 Likes

Had a dude on my floor, freshman year, from Buffalo. That’s all I’ll say.

There’s a Buffalo Oklahoma?

*Bison

3 Likes