Oklahoma State 2021 Spring Football Preview: Wide Receivers

I wouldn’t write it if it weren’t true.

Well for one thing that top 10 was a computer number deal, not a writer. And it had us going 8 and 4 so thats not a top ten record.
But back in reality, Joe’s truth is not always the real truth.

I would assume it’s solely based on our bowl win and the defense. The defense should be salty again next year, but they’ll need 3-4 less mistakes per game from Sanders and a gargantuan improvement from Dunn/MG in playcalling to have a shot. IF (and that’s a big if) those two things happen, I could see them having a chance at a top 10 finish. But apparently that’s asking a lot.

The only slack I’ll give Gundy on Anderson is last year’s depth. Not many places he could have put him with Wallace, Johnson, Stoner, Wolf, Martin, Presley, etc all above him. Not to mention there weren’t a whole bunch of yards out there to give to him with our hot and cold offense :joy: Also gotta consider that while Dunn wasn’t the greatest at playcalling, he’s still one of the nation’s premier Receivers coaches out there. Maybe he saw something we can’t.

What are you talking about? I was referring to Gundy not being able to meet preseason expectations 7 of the last 9 seasons.

We’ve had what? One top 10 finish? Your correct though. That would be asking for a lot.

You speak as if Dunn does the play calling. I’m still 90% convinced that Gundy calls most of the plays. You can see the difference in the offense when Dunn is calling a play and Gundy is calling a play. Dunn will take chances where as it’s rare to see Gundy take them.

Thats why u should never worry about preseason rankings. The only one that counts is the last one.
Like last year with the oline going down they wouldn’t have us so high.
Preseason only are to make u feel good. A warm feeling. Expect for u joe, that warm feeling is a fart.

I agree it’s where you finish that matters. They should stop expecting Gundy to do so well when he’s proven seven of the last nine seasons he can’t meet those expectations.

Yes u make it clear every time u put ur fat finger down.

Why is it that when one of the star receivers make it to the NFL they talk about their inability to run routes.

Who else besides James Washington have nfl teams said that about

Wallace, I believe they said his route tree looks like a telephone pole.

Unusual for u. Where is the cut and paste of that quote.

I’m still looking for that exact quote but every analysis I’ve read makes some reference to it.

Here’s the quote from the draft network,

Wallace’s talents were a bit hidden as a route-runner due to the fixated approach of required routes within the scheme,

@robert28 what do they mean? Do you think this analysis thinks Dunn is the best wide receiver coach in college football? When they say scheme, does that have something to do with Gundy ?

Now come on ar0 u know what fixation means, its the same as obsession.
One thing I would like to see are comebacks routes they were effective with weeden.
When Sanders proves he can stop throwing pics im ready for more double routes over the middle.

How will u prove anything with out cut and paste. Dnt let logan know ur playing with paste, he will want some​:rofl::rofl::rofl::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::blush::blush::blush::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

Really you’re going to blame Sanders that Wallace doesn’t run routes?

When they said it about Washington, was it Sanders fault then?

Wallace will be just fine running routes

I agree, he’ll learn once he has a better coach.

1 Like