Oklahoma State DT Israel Antwine Declares for the NFL Draft

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/oklahoma-state-dt-israel-antwine-declares-for-the-nfl-draft/

The Cowboys now have another big hole to fill in their D-line.

1 Like

All I got to say out of the guys declaring doesn’t mean there going. Up till that point they get an agent.

2 Likes

Gundy needs to hurry up,& hire his DC. Losing to many players to the portal or the Draft

4 Likes

Seems like every other day the D keeps taking hits.
Good luck young man.

3 Likes

Aden Kelley, meet the world; world, this is Aden Kelley.

3 Likes

Sorry to say, but some of these guys are absolutely getting some stupid advice. Nowhere near ready for the draft. Be patient, get better, and actually get drafted instead a free agent contract (that rarely works out to a career).

6 Likes

Getting real thin in depth.

1 Like

Loyalty was football right? That’s a lot of what is taught but nowadays…I’m not sure if you could sell a kid loyalty if there was a buck involved.

1 Like

I don’t blame any of the players for going for the bucks rather than risk any career ending injury. They are already banged up from playing as long as they have.
But it does leave our defense looking decimated in terms of who we have been losing. I do wonder how many decisions were based on the departure of Knowles? I abide by the decision to not have given Knowles a blank check regardless of the outcome. Let him get his glory and greed elsewhere if that is what he values most. We are all waiting to see who coach Gundy comes up with for DC. I prefer new blood from outside the program. So far it doesn’t seem as if all the media hype we got for our great defense has swayed anyone in the portal to come on down to Stillwater. That surprises me. Our most experienced and best defensive players are gone. Yikes! I doubt if asked about this in a media conference that Gundy would answer, “We will be fine on defense.” And what top rate DC will want to come on over once he finds out the best players are now gone? That’s just how I see it. I think the departure of Knowles has created a domino effect that was unexpected. The odds of making the NFL are stacked against most guys as it is. Risky business for the departing players and for the Cowboy team.

2 Likes

I think he’s going to be disappointed during the draft this year. I still think he needs another year. Good luck to him though.

Leaving too early. Better off sticking it out another year and then going.

1 Like

Antwine was a very solid player upfront. He was probably the best interior lineman on the team. Going to be difficult to replace his production.

2 Likes

In a nutshell.

Not sure that will matter.

What is the average UDFA contact amount? It can’t be a whole lot for most guys I’d imagine. Getting a free masters (if he’s already graduated) and improving another year has got to be a better option than risking it now I’d think.

1 Like

He already knows who will be coaching defense. It will be him.

Doesn’t look like you can really sell them Cowboy Culture either at this point.

Just go get one of the defensive lineman transferring out from Alabama and we should be in okay shape.

1 Like

Wot.

I know Dillon Stoner’s UDFA contract after the Henry Ruggs debacle was at $660,000 with a $20,000 signing bonus. Practice squad players with fewer than two NFL seasons will be paid roughly $11,000 a week in the NFL.

If the kid works at it and really gets after it he could make it to an active roster and make over a couple of million over a three year stint. Still think he shouldn’t risk it though.