Oklahoma State Falls One Spot in AP Top 25 following Arkansas-Pine Bluff Win

Originally published at: Oklahoma State Falls One Spot in AP Top 25 following Arkansas-Pine Bluff Win | Pistols Firing

The Cowboys dropped one spot after big win over UAPB.

1 Like

There trying to get as many good match ups as they can. Penn st jump alot by beating a bad team. Texas loses jump big wins and drops
Lol

1 Like

Don’t play APB and you won’t drop.

1 Like

No surprise here. You don’t play close to central Michigan (final score) and you beat a bad team in Arizona state by only17 and they turn around and lose to Eastern Michigan and then you follow the next game up with Arkansas Pine Bluff….who? USC played in there 3 games….Rice,Stanford and Fresno State🤷‍♂️ And they handled all of them. We would only pick One of these caliber of teams to play in noncon every year. They should have jumped us with out a doubt and they will be better of for it when league play comes around.

1 Like

The caliber of Rice? Rice would get rolled up by CMU. Stanford is not a non-con, stupid. Their actual 3rd non-con is Notre Dame who is an impressive scheduling except that they suck now.

Rice
Fresno St.
Notre Dame

That’s not that impressive of a slate and we will have comparable schedulings in future seasons. One garbage team, one average team, one P5 swing for the fences game.

Was our non-con easier than OU’s, for instance? No. Would Alabama ever drop after playing Citadel? Never. The disrespect is annoying, but these polls don’t matter, so… who cares?

3 Likes

Get a hold of yourself. The jumped ap us last week after we beat the power house asu. Yes usc has played juggernauts and came out great.

2 Likes

I’m just pointing out the differences the two teams played in non conference and Central Michigan turn around and lost to south Alabama after us. Jake you think I’m just ragging on your lover coach Gundy which he definitely deserves the criticism for only winning one conference championship in his 50 years here but I’m just really just pointing out the two teams. Looks like who you beat and how you beat them in non conference games does infact make a difference in polls tho.you do remember telling me it absolutely does not remember. USC wins out we win out usc goes🤷‍♂️. Your large butthole must be sore all day buddy. Get you some butt cream and your blanky and you’ll be fine.

Lol no it doesn’t. AP polls don’t matter the committee rankings are the only things that matter and those come out in like week 8. If you’ve noticed the last several years the CFP rankings are always different than AP. AP rankings are just there to get matchups so they can say top 10 battle or two ranked teams battle it out. Literally means nothing.

6 Likes

Correct. I appreciate your basic human intelligence after just reading that barely comprehensible ranting from that monkey who learned to type. Polls do not matter.

If we won out and USC won out, I agree they’d be in over us, but that’s totally a logo/money issue and would be true no matter what the non-conference slate looked like. Same with Bama, Ohio State, Michigan, LSU…

However, if we win out, we’re almost certainly in. Again, regardless of non-con.

Edit: I’m not at all shocked that the same level of intellect that wants Gundy gone goes hand-in-hand with thinking the AP poll matters.

4 Likes

Great comment. Yes! No one in the AP polling is carefully judging and analyzing and comparing each team’s opponents. The AP poll is a blending of the ballots returned by 60+ sports reporters. It’s for fun, period. It doesn’t matter. Relax.

3 Likes

Exactly. How many of those voters have watched any Oklahoma State games this year? Maybe 10.

3 Likes

How long before Nick Martin breaks into the starting line-up?

1 Like

How long until Nick Martin breaks someone’s running back on a screen pass?

1 Like

Your right on one thing. Osu is not going undefeated. Osu is not winning a conference championship so all this is pie in the sky. Catch you when your coach is on the outside looking in when the playoffs come around but hey Jake, Maybe next year right? Yea maybe next year.

2 Likes

It’s their one job to do and that is to analyze ALL the games. Your telling me that they don’t take in consideration of non conference games? Ok buddy. Have you ever heard anybody that is in charge of this say that? Where and who has told you this? Would love to get it from the mouth of your source lol. Let me know.

I’ll take examples as well if you have any.

Examples of playoff selections? No one has made it in with two losses. Alabama gets in as long as they only have one loss.

The examples of what they say is gibberish. They will say conference titles matter if it gets the team they want in. If it doesn’t, then they don’t. They say you need the “extra data point,” and then ignore the data point.

1 Like

Jeff you will probably be dead when Gundy is on the outside looking in …. And no the sports writers can’t look at all the games and analyze them when most are going on at the same time
Rice and Fresno St ?? Such powerhouses :joy:

2 Likes

Examples of the committee note taking non conference games into consideration.

The reality of getting noticed of being a top ten or better in the eyes of everybody that matters in college football is gundy is going to have to challenge better teams in the non con since these games don’t matter at all like Jake said anyways. Going to have to play teams like Stanford,Oregon,Florida state, Miami ext. playing bill Snyder schedule in non con is for teams like Kansas state not next level teams. To get respect you play better opponents or you just sit there out of the minds of the college football world. If you don’t win conference championships at least more than 1 in 18 years it just exacerbates it. Gundy has our brand idling and not going up but not going down. He needs to make a move for his brand.

2 Likes