Oklahoma State Hires Auburn's Derek Mason as Defensive Coordinator

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/report-oklahoma-state-to-hire-auburns-derek-mason-as-defensive-coordinator/

Gundy gets his man.

3 Likes

Have been waiting to get the official… This looks to be a great hire. Hope it all works out. He has a tough job ahead of him with so many players leaving. If it works out I hope we can keep him around. He looks to be a track star on his resume.

1 Like

Love the approach of hiring an experienced play caller. Hope this turns out like Monken replacing Holgerson. Same system with a few new wrinkles. Would like to hear more about his recruiting track record.

5 Likes

Really like the hire. Hope he can keep the defense rolling.

4 Likes

Me too. He has a tough row to h-o-e… (It won’t accept the correct spelling.)

3 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see if any defensive guys from auburn start hitting the portal

1 Like

We sure could use them.

Some decommits and poaching would be nice too. Hope we can get the Sledge guy that was down to us and auburn.

2 Likes

For sure, we officially just lost Bernard converse, headed to LSU

1 Like

Goddamnit that sucks

4 Likes

Well now that we have a good DC that poor excuse of a head coach Mike Gundy will have someone that can recruit and get us conference championships and finally beat OU.
(Joey wasn’t here so I tried my attempt of saying something he might say)
I know it’s not right but most understand how he will be when he finds the article. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There’s a lot to like about the hire hoping he gives us an added boost to recruiting on that side of the ball. Time will tell

1 Like

Got that out of the way, now we need to find a QB in the portal and make a receiver out of sanders.

1 Like

Curious to see what his salary is, I’m hoping with NIL it looks like OSU is ready to make the financial commitment necessary to compete for championships.

2 Likes

Man y’all are funny! Without changing anything but the name of assistant coaches, Gundy is going to start winning championships. Y’all are just delusional.

1 Like

And then a comment from the most delusional of all.

2 Likes

Yes so delusional!

I reckon I’m about as delusional as someone who blames Gundy for a players lack of NFL success :joy:

1 Like

Better get the offensive like working and upgraded first. It would such to see a pocket passed getting his lights knocked out frequently. I don’t think many people remember seeing what happened to Shane and Ethan in the games they played. If we run air raid or rpo with Sanders we’ll be fine. Gundys son is a rpo player too.

1 Like

I’d like to see what this DC can do. Be great to pick up where we left off, but I think we’ll be better than average on defense. They’ll probably a few growing pains with this guy. Wish the guys who transferred out would had waited till after the hire. Now let’s fix the OL please, get another talented RB, or Just run the game plan we did with Sanders at Norte Dame.