Oklahoma State Lands 2023 Safety Tywon Wray Jr

Lolol !! Who’s big mad ? Maybe you ? You are being picky to me. Recruits are kids on scholarships not ones that are “ prospects “. You read to much into a sentence and get your feathers ruffled over nothing thinking someone is bashing your program. Typical homer. You shouldn’t get all bent out of shape over a few words :cowboy_hat_face:
Dammit you know the BB are giving money out like candy. You still consider yourself a BB, I don’t think you will let the Georgias , Miami, Texas for sure. Hell look at ATM ., they pay you know yet they had 24 leave through the portal this year

1 Like

Recruits are kids on scholarships”

Recruits……are not kids on scholarship. Again……you continue to be clueless.

Lolol okay Ketchup have it your way. Everyone knew what I was talking about

1 Like

That’s good cause plenty of players have left DON’T!

Most discombobulated defense I’ve seen in Stilly in a long time…all under Mason’s watch. What a steal to get him as D-coordinator.

1 Like

Yeah, I am unimpressed with Mason. Some like to point out that Knowles defense wasn’t very good in his first year either. But, Knowles defense wasn’t as lost in December as they were in August. jmho…

GO POKES!!! :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face:

So ill put this on here and take it for what its worth. I know a few of you will argue it because, quite frankly…you suck.
Ive been priviledged enough to get wined and dined in Fort Worth by some Lockheed guys. In doing so, I had a LENGTHY convo with a Baylor Athletic Dept guy last night. The topic of discussion was NIL. Of course I told him how I hated it and how it, along with the portal, was killing college football. He had some great points…

**NIL is TERRIBLE right now, but its because of the differing laws in each state. That inconsistency/uncertainty has kept the BIG NAME corporations from jumping on board and making NIL what it was intended to be
**A&M has 4 MEGA-MEGA donors that give out monthly allotments of “donations” that is solely used to give cash payments to current players.
**The MASS exodus of A&M transfers that just hit the portal was a result of those donors cutting the payments out due to “not getting the return on their investment”. Apparently the donors were pissed that “we paid all this money…and we arent even bowl eligible”. So the players were promised XX amount of money…didnt get it…and are leaving.
**He said the bulk of these promises of NIL come from local businesses in regards to “if you come here, you can make up to 1 mil in NIL”. Well, the businesses have some wiggle room because they can throw out a $$ amount, but there are no guidelines so its basically a handshake thing.
**Once Congress gets ahead of this thing, there can can/will be a set standard of rules that all states/programs will be following. Thats when youll see the big name, nationwide corporations jump on board and make NIL a “cleaner” place to do business.
** I asked him if these rumors of MULTI-MILLION dollar deals is true? “Caleb Willliams has the deal with Beats. Bryce Young has Dr. Pepper and Nissan. Those are brand name, nationwide endorsement deals. Those guys are making that type of money. But thats it. HS recruits are getting offered that stuff…but NONE are getting what they thought they were getting. Thats why the portal is so busy”

It was a interesting discussion. I still hate NIL…but he is convinced that its going to get much, much better.

1 Like

@KetchupSicle Having the inside track on what is going on aside, as you claim here, It’s a no brainer to conclude that things are eventually going to change to make NIL have less of a negative impact on College football. I don’t think that I have heard anyone with a voice, coaches, media types, etc say that NIL as it is currently working is good for college football. So things will eventually get better, how much better who knows. For me I’d like to see NIL benefit the players without giving one university program an advantage over another, wishful thinking I know. Also the comment “Once Congress gets ahead of this thing” made me laugh. That’s the one organizational body in the world that is more dysfunctional than the NCAA. If it’s up to them to fix things my hopes aren’t high. Could be wrong, really hope that I am.

4 Likes

@bruce4 First off, while im confident in some of my people I know that work inside the halls of various D-1 Athletic Depts, im not claiming that I have some super insider trading info. Im simply saying that some of these morons that post on here are just that…morons. They post things that send some outright false info into the atmosphere.

I completely, 100% agree with everything you said. The Congress chuckle was exactly how I reacted. You wanna hear the name he told me that is supposedly leading the charge on NIL legislation in Congress…Tommy Tuberville. You can imagine how the next 2 minutes of that convo went.

There have always been advantages afforded to some programs over the others, intentional or not. That will always be the case. NIL, if legislated and regulated, COULD help the “have nots”. Just take OSU if T Boone was still alive. I think hed have OSU doing something similar to what Oregon is doing with Phil Knight. Unfortunately, I think NIL is just another way for the have’s to separate themselves from the have not’s.

1 Like

Yep not claiming that you are claiming that. Just that you seem to have sources that I don’t. Although “Lockheed guys” and “Baylor Athletic Dept guy” seem like a strange mix. And no not looking for a reason for it. Just that I spent a good portion of my career in the defense industry and Lockheed is a known entity for me.

2 Likes

Now that makes some sense, I can see that yes

If it were me NIL would be players making sponsorship deals with commercial entities. College benefactors, alumni, etc anyone providing funds for the player to simply participate on a team would not be allowed.

Lockheed guys were on Wed night at the gala. LM sponsored the bowl game last night. The Baylor rep convo was over some “beverages” in the suites during the game last night. Two separate entities/convos.

Agreed on how you’d like NIL to go. In theory…….that’s how it’s supposed to.

Got it, not so good night for Baylor though

1 Like

Two college football betting rules

1: Always take the Thu night underdog playing at home
2: Always take the Service Academies plus the pts in bowl season

1 Like

Good to know except for the fact that one of the two things I never do when it comes to money is Play the odds makers (bet money on anything). The other is play the lottery

1 Like

Okay Ketchup did the Baylor guy tell you how much they put into the portal money since they are a private institution school. This moron would like to know

1 Like