Oklahoma State NCAA Infractions

Even if we can, the appeals are also handled by the NCAA, so I’m not too confident anything will happen there either. The way I think about it is it’s like getting grounded by your mom and then immediately turning around and asking her to reduce your punishment. The chances probably aren’t great.

The thing with an appeal is that it delays punishment. Knowing what it is right now, we’re caught off-guard. With the appeal in place, it gives Holder and Boynton time to talk to each other, with the players, and to figure out a plan of action in case the appeal doesn’t succeed. Hell, if they can make the appeal process stretch, those penalties could come into play next year instead of this year. Yeah, it’d screw recruiting for next year to the wall, but we may be there already depending on how bad they hit us.

That’s the thing with the punishments I just don’t get. They’re only really hurting the innocent kids. Unless you wipe away wins/seasons/titles/etc., you’re not penalizing the ones that did the crap. Nail the coaches and all that, remove future scholarships to ding recruiting…all that’s fine, but the kids on the team that did nothing wrong are the ones shouldering the brunt of the pain with bans and all. It doesn’t seem right.

1 Like

If there is a postseason ban, even if there is an appeal it yas taken them more than two years to get to this point. Let’s be realistic here, folks.

1 Like

2020 can just eat a big fat one.

7 Likes

Any idea what time they will annouce today?

Noon

Why can’t this $hit happen to the A-holes down in Norman? Who pissed in karmas Cheerios back in the late 90’s?

1 Like

This goes back to the 40s.

Bad things never happen to OU, and ridiculously tragic things always happen to OSU. It’s the way it is… for whatever reason.

1 Like

Man, not the news I was hoping to hear today.

Is this noon central or noon eastern?

CDT

1 Like

We angered him.

8 Likes

Should have just let army win in 45. Is this what karma wants? I’ll vacate they 45 Championship!

2 Likes

I knew this would happen. The NCAA is going to make an “example” of this program. Even though they have been transparent and cleaned house. It doesn’t matter to them. They will slap the crap out of this program and Boynton will not be able to get it going the way it was headed. Really sad to see this happen.

F uck everything

2 Likes

It happened

That is extremely heavy handed.

Post season ban. Three years probation. Loss of three scholarships.

2 Likes

1yr ban

V bad!

1 Like

What the absolute hell? That is BRUTAL.