Oklahoma State Offers 2023 Quarterback Brock Glenn

So I was talking about g5 size of school. I’m talking about those school u never even heard of.
Seriously 130 in football u could name 90%.
Basketball u would be lucky to name half.
Not compare Basketball to football. U have to win half ur game and all d1 will go bowling.
The half u can’t name in Basketball can’t go.
As a big 12 member just go 500 in conf.

1 Like

How many wins in football do you need to make a bowl? In 2018 what was our record in conference, cause we went to a bowl?

1 Like

Everybody in basketball talked about beating ranked teams. Even outside of conference play we beat a ranked team. 6and6 is a bowl team.

Could we go 6-12 in conference and still make the tournament?
BTW what year has Boynton not beat a ranked team?

1 Like

Thats not a big deal I think every big 12 team has a ranked win. Through out most years big 12 teams play half their schedule against a ranked team that’s around 12 to 15 games. Look at this year 7 or 8 teams have been ranked. Even bad teams get 1.
I think we have 2 mite be wrong Texas and Baylor.

All of that shows it’s easier to make a bowl than to make the tournament.

1 Like

What does that have to do with making the tournament or making a bowl game in football? The fact still remains it’s harder to make the NCAA tournament than it is a bowl game. You made a good point though. You said all Boynton needs to do is win twenty games and half his conference games (20-10, 8-8) to make the dance.

That means he has to win 66% of his games on the schedule and win 50% of them in the conference. Meanwhile, AR made an even better point. All Gundy had to do is win six games (50%) and three conference games (33%) in 2018. Meaning Gundy has the easier path to the post season. You can try to spin this however way you want to. All I’m saying is sometimes you have to be logical and realistic.

2 Likes

No it doesn’t.
Any the league puts in basically the same number of teams in to post season play.

1 Like

Like I told jug. The league puts in the same number of teams in basketball and football.

1 Like

Yep!!! And there are more conferences in basketball meaning there are more teams to compete for the tournament. Thereby making it more difficult.

No

Yes

2 Likes