Oklahoma State Quarterback Peyton Thompson Enters the Transfer Portal

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/oklahoma-state-quarterback-peyton-thompson-enters-the-transfer-portal/

The Cowboys are down to three passers on the roster.

Hope he gets to a place he can play. Good luck

3 Likes

Honestly I thought he looked the best in the Spring Game. I don’t know if he was ever going against the 1’s or not but he made some good throws. This will make us way too thin at QB in my opinion.

4 Likes

I’m sure we can backfill through the portal.

2 Likes

I have heard from an overwhelming number of sources that Peyton is the best quarterback down there (by far!) after Spencer, but too many politics involved. Disappointing to say the least.

2 Likes

Unfortunately he didn’t have a scholarship

1 Like

A wise move on his part since it was unlikely that he would ever play in a game. We are just fine with Rangel and Gunnar.

2 Likes

We don’t have an open slot? If he didn’t have a scholarship, why does he need to enter the portal?

I know what you’re saying but it’s a messed up rule. Remember Baker wasn’t on a scholarship at Tech but Cliff had to sign off on his transfer. Should be different now with the portal

1 Like

I have no idea how many slots we have, I just add it.

1 Like

Maybe entering the portal is the most efficient way to get the word out that he’s available?

Hard to compete against HC’s son. Politics in most sports is always there, and doesn’t even have to be a son who’s involved. I was wondering how the crud the dude was behind Bullock last season, who’s one of the worst D1 QBs I’ve personally seen and we were the only D1 school that offered him. :thinking: :roll_eyes: :sob:

2 Likes

Nope, we are SCREWED if Sanders goes down this season.

2 Likes

I find it humorous to hear the gloom & doom guys harp on how screwed we are when he lose a starter.
So ready to throw in the towel.

I wholeheartedly disagree with your dire prediction. I think Gunnar is a baller and Rangel is the passer.
But so was Shane.
I truly wanted to see Shane get his chance, but now I’ll have to watch Nevada to do that.
Bullock got his shot and he did not impress.
If Spencer goes down for a game or two, which I think we should all expect, we’ve got some guys that can play the game.

Now, talking to an ou fan and friend of mine, he says that if the UCF kid goes down, they’re screwed with the two frosh at QB. And that’s fine with me. So, the goons may be in for a less than typical year for them and that’s fine with me.

But, I would love to see both Gunnar and Rangel get some PT during the early non-conference games.
And with another lack of OL depth, Sanders is going to have to get outside the Tackles to stay healthy.

3 Likes

I’m not that doom and gloom about having to play a backup QB…. Gunnar has been in the system for years, you know he’s studied it before in HS… I’m betting he has some moxie about him. Rangle has looked good from the reports I’ve seen. I think both can run if they have to

2 Likes

The unrestricted free agency of NCAA not-so-amateur athletics… :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face:

GO POKES!!!

(Softball is becoming my favorite sport, a bit less drama as the payscales aren’t so inflated… hehehehe)

3 Likes

I don’t know why everyone assumes Gunnar is going to be the guy.

I don’t know if he is or not, but at this point, Gunnar is the only one who likely knows the playbook, right? Rangel looked plenty talented but it would be hard to throw him in until he has had time to get a handle on the plays.

1 Like

He’s listed at QB2 and Spencer has been hurt every season…so…

He does but he looks like he needs to put on about 20 pounds or he’ll get squashed by college players.

2 Likes