Oklahoma State Quarterback Shane Illingworth Enters Transfer Portal

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/oklahoma-state-quarterback-shane-illingworth-enters-transfer-portal/

The Cowboys could lose their backup QB.

1 Like

Good luck to the kid. He really wasn’t given much of chance by Gundy. Hopefully the Rangel kid is player, but don’t kid yourself this is a blow to our depth at QB.

4 Likes

We now need SS to go 2 more years, while Rangel comes up to speed.

2 Likes

Need sanders to not get hurt more than anything. Tough ask with this line. Can’t protect for shiit.

4 Likes

This one doesn’t surprise me one bit.
Thank you Shane for your time at OSU.
Best of luck to you at your new school.

4 Likes

Not true, he had bedlam last year, no bigger chance than that

2 Likes

The turn over machine for two more years yea!!!

1 Like

Gundy is and his son are giving high fives today

1 Like

Throwing a true freshman in after Sanders got injured behind a shiit Oline in Norman isn’t much of a chance.

2 Likes

This really hurts. He’ll probably go down to Norman and shove it up our a** the next 2-3 years

1 Like

I’m guessing he was feeling a lot like JBC. Wasn’t really feeling the Cowboy Culture any longer. If we could just create a solid OL we would be fine.

3 Likes

That’s asking alittle too much I think.

Looks like Drummond son of Pioneer Woman is the future.

2 Likes

This kid wants to go fling the ball somewhere. I don’t blame him and wish him success and happiness wherever he goes…he’s talented, for sure. Gonna make somebody happy!

4 Likes

Apparently he didn’t make Gundy happy enough. We all know how excellent Gundy’s track record of choosing quarterbacks is though. Must’ve been the right call!!

1 Like

Well Paul unfortunately that’s the problem. Gundy, Dunn, and Dickey’s inability to create an effective offensive game plan consistently affects this team.

Go ahead and couple that with the fact that our offensive line can’t hardly function if one player goes down, or unless we have a special HB in the game. This is the result of that.

The result is you have to choose a mobile and turnover prone QB with suspect passing at times. Because as a coach and his staff you can’t figure out how to establish consistency on the OL over the last eight seasons since Wickline’s left.

People are correct that Shane would’ve gotten killed behind our recent offensive lines. That’s not his fault though. His talent was forced to be benched because our coaching staff can’t figure out how to protect him or properly use him.

1 Like

Are you really concerned with losing illingworth? Brandon weeden had better wheels than him hard to block for a guy that just stands there like a statue

It’s hard to block for anyone when you don’t develop the offensive line and don’t seem to have any interest in getting quality depth with all the offensive lineman you have leaving. Kind of sad how we have to completely alter a game plan when one offensive lineman or running back goes down.

I can agree, but let’s not act like illingworth translates well to the college game these days. Hate losing depth but I feel better about moving forward with Rangel over him.

Gundy says you can’t replace experience. I’m just going with what the mullet says. Are you saying Gundy is wrong?