Oklahoma State Quarterback Shane Illingworth Enters Transfer Portal

I mean if you wanna count what he has done as experience then sure why not.

Iā€™m just saying I can see it now. Sanders goes down and we have a QB that canā€™t move and throws three interceptions a game.

So what do you do next? Gundy ā€œWeā€™re going to have to run the football!!!ā€ with the fans saying ā€œWait a momentā€¦.we donā€™t have an offensive line!!!ā€.

The future of the OSU offense sure does look bright!!!

1 Like

Why donā€™t you wait till the season starts before making poor predictions like you did last year. It sucks losing guys but itā€™s literally happening to everyone

Iā€™m sorry but getting thrown into Bedlam 2 yrs ago wasnā€™t much of a chance. Heck if we went by that Sanders shouldnā€™t be allowed back in the building.

1 Like

Yo1- Joe is never happy with anything. 12 win season and the Pokes suck. This guy is the worst type of fan imaginable.

3 Likes

Oh trust me I know heā€™s not, if it mentions Gundy heā€™s gonna throw shade

1 Like

I have come to the conclusion, Joe has all the answers and needs to be on staff at oSu.

3 Likes

Our offense will be okay. We have a lot coming back but losing Illingworth hurts because we donā€™t have any experience Doubtful you pick up one in the portal Sanders has to stay healthy, gonna be hard as much as he runs

I donā€™t think it hurts as much as people think. He was never gonna be the guy here

1 Like

I think he couldā€™ve been. I wouldā€™ve liked to see him in 23 with all these young receivers in their Junior year as well as him and watch him throw it all over the yard. He threw a beautiful ball, I agree football is moving towards mobile QBā€™s but I think you can still be successful with a pocket passer if he can get the ball out on time and accurately.

3 Likes

I bet youā€™re a lot of fun at partiesā€¦

3 Likes

Gotta give him time to begin with. At the rate weā€™re losing linemen to the portal combined with the inability to pick some up from the portal itā€™s looking like he wonā€™t get anytime to throw it unless some serious development happens.

1 Like

Why donā€™t you take a look at an offensive line that hasnā€™t had any consistency for the last eight years and see the writing on the wall? What Iā€™m saying is if we donā€™t pick up a couple of well-rounded lineman from the transfer portal weā€™re going to be screwed.

The offense isnā€™t changing. The development isnā€™t changing. The coaching isnā€™t changing. The OL has been a problem for years. It needs the same consistency it had from 2006-2013.

Iā€™m a bad fan because I want a consistent and decent offensive line for the first time in nearly 9 years?

1 Like

Until your starting QB gets hurt and you end up having to toss a RS freshman or true freshman in for the rest of the season.

1 Like

Itā€™s time gundy gets an o-line that can block alittle. Itā€™s really unbelievable that it has been this long. All the journalists scared to asked him this question? Love to hear his reason.

3 Likes

He gets asked about the OL all the time. Here is a breakdown:

Before Season Begins: ā€œI think weā€™ve really improved. Theyā€™re doing better than what I expected. I think weā€™re going to be pretty good at that position this year. We got a lot of our younger guys experience last year. Coach Dickey has done a really good job with those guysā€

Mid-Season: ā€œWeā€™ve just been beat up there. Still have a lot of young players. itā€™s frustrating, but I understand it. Kids just got to get some more experience. Weā€™ve just got to be tough and do better in protection for Spencer. Weā€™ve really got to find a way to run the football!!ā€

Itā€™s not going to change. Will just continue to be more excuses once we get halfway through the season.

1 Like

Getting consistently good OL with depth has to be part of Gundyā€™s "next levelā€™ plan. Crazy the difference between OL & DL development the past few years. Taking what the defense gives would be a huge benefit as well. Crazy how quick oSu scored to close out the first half against ND.

3 Likes

I thought talent over experience?

Was this when we were still undefeated or headed to the big 12 championship game after beating ou?

1 Like