Oklahoma State Quarterback Shane Illingworth Enters Transfer Portal

If you can’t use your eyeballs and know then idk what to tell you

I don’t mind having a mobile QB as long as the line is good enough to protect him and he can throw less than three interceptions a game against good teams.

Literally two thirds of Sander’s interceptions were in three games this season (Baylor and OU). Part of that is him and his inability to throw timely passes consistently. He often throws behind the receiver in crossing and out routes. Part of it is due to his lack of development by the coaches and not being able to have a good offensive line.

Even Rudolph didn’t have the best offensive line or mobility like Sanders did. There were also a couple of thing that helped out Rudolph. One of those is he was just mobile enough to make people miss and if really needed he could scramble for the first down. He also had Carson and Hill in the backfield for him. Combine that with Rudolph’s arm he’s going to be alright.

Sanders is a good athlete and mobile. The problem is he doesn’t have the offensive line, coaching, and arm coach to be that guy. AR is correct. Gundy’s best two quarterbacks in his time weren’t scramblers at all.

1 Like

Rudolph was also better than Sanders his freshman year.

You know they talked about how Rudolph was an NFL caliber player during his junior year. When former players and analysts were asked about Sanders the comments were “He throws behind the receiver and into double coverage too much. He has ball security issues and guys he has the most turnovers of any active player since the beginning of the 2019 season”.

They weren’t talking about him being NFL caliber. They were talking about how he needed to have a lot of improvement. Better go get your eyes checked!!

What does sanders have to do with any of this? I think we’ll be just fine with out illingworth is all I’m talking about, just because he had 4 stars doesn’t mean he was the answer

Well of course he was illingworth had his shot his freshman year to

It don’t matter now, he was not going win the starting job these next 2 years anyways. He transferred because he knows. Enough said.

2 Likes

I was a huge Illingsworth fan over SS, but when given his opportunities, best of chances or not, he underwhelmed a bit. Inconsistent and inaccurate at times. I much prefer a pure passer for the accuracy downfield and perhaps he needed more seasoning. But, for now… the turnover machine, as Sanders has been labeled seems our best available option. I wish Shane all good fortune and hope he develops and excels where ever he lands. He is the better nfl prospect if he can work on accuracy and speed in reading the defenses. jmho

On a side note, I didn’t realize that Zac Robinson was an assistant coach for the Rams!! How I would relish seeing Zac on our staff as the OC, HCinwaiting. jmho again. GO POKES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

The issue now is depth. Gundy has taken what like 2 snaps? Sanders has gone down with injury 2 out of 3 years. The line looks like it’s going to regress this year so sanders will be on the move more. Could cause him to come down with another injury and now there is no experience behind him.

2 Likes

This is fair, not disagreeing but that comes with transfer portal

1 Like

Ouch. Ill seems like a great kid, could become a heck of a passer eventually but unless Sanders misses time next season it was likely he wasn’t gonna get much PT. It would be great if we could get more dual threat QBs though, gotta be able to move at times esp since our O-lines have been good to very good since Wickline left plus it adds a lot more problems to opposing defenses! Sanders: Start sliding!!!

1 Like

So that means you think Gunnar or Thompson will play well if SS gets hurt?

Plus Sanders footwork is still off. I thought that would get corrected. Throws off his back foot far too often, they really should make him roll out more and if it’s not there, TAKE OFF!

RE Gunnar, am I the only person in here who thinks he will never be a good college QB? He seems like a great kid though, humble, very good manners. I hope I’m wrong though!

1 Like

Or Rangel idk how they will play time will tell.

Why won’t he be a good college qb?

2 Likes

:arrow_up: This right here!!! I don’t understand how we’re not making a huge push for a couple of experienced lineman considering we’re losing whatever experienced lineman we have.

I’m getting tired of Gundy as CEO. We absolutely should have beat Baylor in the Championship game. Our offense used no imagination. I believe last time we won a Championship we put a lineman in the Wildcat and let him Bull it into the end zone. But Gundy simply blames it on our low quality OC and takes no blame himself.

Sanders’ history is he is one twisted ankle away from a season ending injury. He has a low arm angle which causes him to float the ball. He is slow. And Gundy is hell bent that he is OSU’s future. Now he wants to get rid of Illingworth? OSU’s offense looked terrible most of the year. Sanders finally had one good game, against ND.

I wish Shane the best. Shane should never be a bench setter. I am sorry that someone of Sanders inconsistency caused him to not get a chance. But that is not up to Gundy-he is the CEO? But at least we have Gunnar Gunday waiting in the wings.

1 Like

Ahhh yes like clock work, Mr. Negative Nancy makes his presence known. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

And how do you know they aren’t doing just that? That’s right! You don’t. :rofl::rofl::rofl::fu:t3:

1 Like

You must be forgetting the games Sanders won with his feet and arm. He throws better on the run , so if it’s not a quick slant I would have him roll out the pocket more if pressure starts. I’m not that pessimistic on our Oline next year. We have 3 starters back plus the Juco All American and Entinne who should be improved