Oklahoma State Releases 2023 Football Schedule

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/oklahoma-state-releases-2023-football-schedule/

New foes and what should be the final Bedlam in Stillwater for the foreseeable future.

All 4 new teams and an early bye week again. Great.

Man not a fan of this schedule. The only Texas team is Houston?

yea that early bye week has deja vu all over it. Not a fan of that either.

1 Like

The good news it looks pretty easy except the bye week is complete :poop:. Bad news is we don’t get any of the regular Texas schools which I’d imagine negatively impacts recruiting. We also have Dunn and Dickey still so capitalizing on an easy schedule doesn’t seem likely.

Well an easy schedule can come back to bite you when CFP selection time comes around. Although that is a moot point as I don’t think we will be even close to knocking on that door next year.

1 Like

I would be shocked to be even remotely considered for a CFP spot at any point during the season.

Good thing about the bye week its rite before ksu. I was worried about keeping 5 home games. I really thought we would have a tuffer schedule. Looks like old big 8 teams with all new. Lets role

1 Like

The only problem I have with this schedule is the early by yet again. That’s garbage.

Except K-State’s bye is the same week as OSUs so it doesn’t really give us any edge.

1 Like

Friday night game too. Lame.

1 Like

We probably better be prepared to see more Friday games down the road.

1 Like

One thing that has been a staple in gundy’s career is when gundy has a team that is expected to fight for the big twelve he fails to live up to expectations and when he has teams that aren’t expected to fight for the big twelve he exceeds expectations. Pressure is not a friend to gundy. I say this to say if things go status quo then he will exceed expectations. We will see.

So your saying we are winning the big 12

1 Like

Seems that the 365 sports guys are as perplexed as i was regarding OSU’s schedule and lack of opponents from the state of Texas. This schedule looks really screwed up to me. Oklahoma State Will Not Take a Trip to Texas, & Will Only Play Newcomer Houston Next Year | Big 12 - YouTube

1 Like

Lol your funny

Well @travis5266 has predicted 4 wins. Im sure your not much more. So using your theory wete winning it all

1 Like

Who says we can’t go 10-2 next year?

2 Likes

Seriously were playing 5 g5 and an fcs team. Lol

1 Like

Think we win more than 4 for sure. This schedule is in favor for us in a big big way. Not playing any Texas teams and replacing them with teams we would schedule in non conference sets up for a way easier path for sure. I would say gundy should be around 8-4 at the end of the season with this schedule. If we had to play the Texas teams gundy would be around 6-6 maybe.