Oklahoma State Up to No. 12 in AP Ranking Thanks to Baylor Win, Upset Saturday

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/oklahoma-state-up-to-no-12-in-ap-ranking-thanks-to-baylor-win-upset-saturday/

OSU made the biggest jump in this week’s AP ranking.

1 Like

I’m surprised we jumped this high.

1 Like

Higher than I thought. Was expecting like 16 maybe.

3 spots is about right. Can’t keep playing nail biters to move up fast in ap. At sometime we are going to have to really beat somebody this year.

1 Like

We got ku coming up

1 Like

That’s right

Everyone here knows Coastal Carolina is the best team in the country.

I guess the pollsters did not watch any of our games, they just go by who we beat and that we are unbeaten. We have yet to play a team that is any good. Too early to rank teams. The Texas game will show if our walking wounded team is worthy of being ranked. Kudos to the Bearcats and Cougars for their rankings. So much for all that talk of the Big 12 being irrelevant after OU and Texas depart.
If miracles happened and we ended up in second place in the Big 12 while winning almost all of our games except OU, then Gundy should be hands down the national coach of the year considering that he did it with some of the top players out for the season with injuries. If not coach of the year, then Magician of the Year.

2 Likes

If we beat Texas after ou beats them, will we have played someone. I’m just saying.

Man I can’t believe we could be number 12 with all of this horrible coaching and horrible talent we recruit!

2 Likes

I’m having a hard time figuring out what or who is real. In two weeks I think I’ll know…

1 Like

A lot of teams lost and this also sets up a potential top 10 match up in 2 weeks If Texas beats OU. Good marketing.

2 Likes

12 is a great spot for now, way better than I thought. Hopefully this bye week the coaching staff can improve the o’line and for Dunn to work on play calling. Spencer needs a extra 1-2 seconds to check down. I love seeing some option play yesterday.

3 Likes

Yes I called for some option play a while back

I think Texas might be under estimated. We will find out in 2 weeks. If we beat Texas then we do have quite a team. We need Sanders to be consistent and to listen to the coaches telling him to get sacked rather than risk interception. We also need some razzle dazzle trick plays instead of keep sending Warren up the middle. I want to see some down field passing, go for broke attempts to score instead of milking the clock. This is all on you, Kasey Dunn. Get out of your comfort zone Gundy and unleash the talent that these kids have. Let them double team Tay so Sanders can throw to Rashod. Have Sanders run less because if he keeps that up he is going to get injured. He has not been sliding much, he is staying on his feet to gain more yards. That’s too risky, especially since he is prone to fumble once in awhile. Pretend you are playing Miami in a bowl game.

We got the benefit of Texas having to play their third tough game in a row while we get the week off. Hopefully they’re gassed and on a high of beating OU while we’re well rested. Hopefully Sanders gets it together these next two weeks because 3 interceptions is unacceptable even if one wasn’t really his fault he still had two horrendous ones before.

1 Like

Not sure if Texas has a defense.
We did do well on the flea flicker but had a flag.

Maybe Gundy can take off Friday night to watch his other son play and that way get ideas for some new plays to try. It’s called being innovative.

1 Like

5-0 for the first time since 2015. Sorry, we could always recruit better no matter how you feel about it. We still haven’t played OU, Texas, TCU yet either.

It really burns you to have back to back top 25 wins and be 5-0 doesn’t it. Why don’t you and ol joe get off @ar1 nuts and just realize we’re gonna win football games. 5-0 hand.