Oklahoma State Will Face Texas A&M in the TaxAct Texas Bowl

You guys are boiling the ocean here. Quick reality check is most years OState has been in the mix or in the championship game. Next year we get another soft schedule without Utah, Arizona and UCF. Looks to me like a perfect season to get our coaching staff squared away, NIL to sort itself out, and get to work.

Sadly, the SEC and Big 10 top halves have already pulled ahead of the Big 12 and Pac 12. Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, maybe UT are stacked with NFL draftees. With NIL and Media $'s as they are, it’s unlikely the Big 12/ACC closes that gap. We’ll get a sense this playoff if UT is ready to roll from a program perspective. OU seems to have a ways to go. Perhaps FudgeCicle has thoughts on how they’ll fair in the first year or two.

1 Like

Hell no it’s not!

Why would OU going to the Alamo Bowl be a perfect bowl for OU?

One thing to note about the “recruit better” posts. Washington is undefeated and playing in the CFP. Their recruiting isn’t drastically different than ours (at least per rivals). Coaching does still matter.

Well sure there is always hope but the deficits that we face just seem daunting. I feel like we have really reached our ceiling and have been bumping into it the last several years. The one positive thing coming our way next year is the 12 team playoff format. Making that list every 2-3 years seems doable and doing so will afford us the opportunity to play on a national stage and perhaps win some games there hopefully resulting in improved stature and an easier time attracting quality players and coaches.

1 Like

Girls are never outdated. I don’t mean pimping to recruits.Just take them to the student union. Walk them around campus on a school day. They will see it.

Don’t get me wrong. Small town colleges can still recruit. Coaching, tradition, NFL scouts, connections, etc will bring in the best recruits. Why many of these guys may have NFL ambitions, the reality is only a few on each team make it and only a few of those are truly successful.

It’s simple for us. We get 3 stars. Why do we not get 4 stars? Why would a 4 star sit on the bench at Alabama rather than play for us?

Well, you shouldn’t have lost Riley and Williams to USC. Then you hired Venables. You no longer have a Gundy on staff. Jr. Castiglione is an embarrassing punk poster on Twitter. You don’t pay players enough to complete with Georgia and Ohio State. Your mom’s snatch is nasty. And there’s still that Pickleman’s video…

1 Like

We beat the Sooners with the worst QB we’ve had in decades, the worst OC we’ve had since Princeton, and a noobie DC.

Now that we’re recovering from Spencer Toxicity Syndrome, if we replace Dunn I predict that we win the Big 12 2 out of every 3 years until the deck chairs shuffle again.

I answer your question about the Alamo Bowl and you respond with a “mom’s snatch” joke? That’s the best material you have? You went completely unhinged big fella. Lincoln Riley? Caleb Williams? Cale Gundy? Joe C’s son? What in the world are you even trying to say here? Can somebody decipher what just happened?

Yea but we had the best running back in the nation and OU did a lot to beat themselves in that game. So some what of a “better lucky than good” situation. Also I’ll really be surprised if we replace Dunn unless he just decides to retire to his digs in Idaho or wherever

What happens and what we need are likely divergent.

Point being we still pulled off a shitz-tastic season with one QB, one OC, new DC, and young D tied behind our backs. There are definitely some tuffsumbitches on the team, and they pulled together in spite of the obstacles.

Take off a couple of those handcuffs, all pickable, and it’s a significantly better team.

1 Like

Sooners just need to “do better” across almost every front - play, effort, coaching, recruiting, boosters, craptastic fans, NIL. Whilst thoust recruiting was great in the Big 12, ya need ta crank it up several notches.

You need to keep your good players. You need to keep your good coaches. But there in lies the dilemma. Which bits and pieces are part of the SEC championship run, that you can keep, and which are boat anchors dragging you to bowl-less seasons that won’t leave? Simple really.

You just need to be realistic and just “do better”.

Good luck in the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio. Too bad it’s after early signing so you can’t lick some stick and close some recruits. Maybe you can croot a couple UTSA transfers while you’re out slurping skinny margs and greasy tacos.

:joy::joy::joy::joy: Been a while since I heard the word snatch… priceless…:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

As the infamous Larry the Cable Guy would say… “I don’t care who you are that’s funny right there”

1 Like

Yeah I think youve lost your mind. One second, youre having an actual discussion. Then the next, youre ranting like a loon.

“Now we face off against one of the highest profile teams in our #1 recruiting territory, in a new Big 12 city.
IT’S FREAKING PERFECT.” I shouldve know what type of imbecile I was dealing with when he thought Houston was the “#1 recruiting territory” and described playing in a 3rd tier bowl called the Tax Act Bowl as “FREAKING PERFECT”. Odd that some of you claim to want a better product put out on the field and want Gundy ran because of his lack of Conf Titles…and can have clowns like this thinking the Tax Act Bowl as a destination against an A&M team that fired their HC a month ago is, well, FREAKING PERFECT!!

And im not sure if youre familiar with why someone uses quotations, but when you try to quote someone…you may need to make sure they at least said/typed it. You quote me as saying “do better”…when that wasnt said

FYI OSU opened as a 3 point underdog

2 Likes

After the way we played last week, surprised it isn’t more… AM is TBD without a bowl coach, a bowl DC, a number guys and just playing for pride at this point. Says alot about what people think about OSU and the rollercoaster of our season :neutral_face:

1 Like

That line shocked me. OSU will likely have more regulars playing than A&M would due to the uncertainty in College Station. I have a buddy that is the SID (for baseball), but he tells me there are a BUNCH of big name guys down there portalling. The non-playof bowl games tend to be more about who’s “scraps” are better than the others. With OSU appearing to be the much more stable of the two programs between now and Dec 27…seems like an odd spread to me

2 Likes

No, you didn’t say “do better”. You said “blah blah, and blahdi blah blah” which I summarized as “do better” - with which I totally agree. Little late to rebut 3 posts later, but if that’s all ya got, bless your little heart.

Looking like Venables might have lost the team. Arizona at -3.5 is looking like a great bet. Tough year for a dumpster fire to break out for you. What’s your prediction for the Boomers next season: 10-2, 7-5??

Sometimes when “it are what it are”, you might as well roll with it.
Vs A&M in Houston is a great opportunity for the Cowboys - Perfect perhaps.
Vs Arizona in San Antonio is also perfect, don’t you think? It are what it are, right?

@ot1 Ill attempt to entertain this as if youre actually trying to use this forum for what is intended for as opposed to turning it into a cesspool.

“Looking like Venables might have lost the team” Basing this opinion off of what? Explain to me what makes you feel as though BV has lost the team?

“Arizona at -3.5 is looking like a great bet” Go put some money on it. If you like Zona, you better get in while its at -3.5 I think the line will drop a little.

“Tough year for a dumpster fire to break out for you” Its a solid indication of what you think of both state programs when you classify a 10-2 team as a “dumpster fire” and the 8-4 team as heading to their “FREAKING PERFECT” bowl destination. Definitely a sign of what your expectations are for both programs. “What’s your prediction for the Boomers next season” I was asked this question last week, which I said 8-4 with the caveat of being able to adjust seeing as its Dec.

Lets hear your thoughts on what the records will be for OU and OSU next season…