OSU Favored by Double Digits Over Arizona State in Week 2

Originally published at: OSU Favored by Double Digits Over Arizona State in Week 2 | Pistols Firing

OSU is again a big favorite in Week 2.

The way the D played, I’d take the over and for OSU not to cover the spread.

3 Likes

Seems like Arizona State (just based off their first game) is most likely to run than to pass. Given how bad our pass coverage was I would think Herm Edwards isn’t stupid enough to try and continue running against our defensive line and ends if it’s not successful.

Give me the pokes in a 38-31 victory.

1 Like

They’ll probably use the C. Michigan game plan as a blue print:

1. Quick passes to negate the pass rush
  2. Ton of crossing routes
  3. Formation shifts to confuse the young guys on D.
1 Like

Only 18 pass attempts for 152 yards against NAU. 49 rushes for 267 yards though. I agree with you on all those. I’m just hoping we don’t make another average QB look like a Heisman contender again.

1 Like

Agree with you on this one. Our Def secondary seems to be pretty bad to me. At least until proven otherwise. I mean CMU was scoring 2 point conversions at will against us. Not a good look at all. If I was ASU i would be exploiting the Def secondary issues 6 ways to Sunday.

2 Likes

People calm down.The defense had only given up 15 points when the backups were put in in the third quarter.Gundy doesnt care about point spreads.He knows he has a lot of guys on defense that had never played a down.They gave up a lot of points because their green.The first string defense isnt that bad.if they give up a lot of points again and its the first string then we got problems.Ill reserve judgement until i see a full game from all the starters.

3 Likes

I have heard this elsewhere. I certainly hope it is true.

They gave up a lot of points because Gundy refuses to try and go after more four star recruits. Most of the time you can’t build depth (or reload) when you refuse to put more athletically gifted players in the rotation.

1 Like

Well the real truth is closer to what @keith11 said. Your pointless point on recruiting is tiresome.

2 Likes

Daniels is a RS Freshman (4 star recruit) and essentially took the place of an All-Conference safety. 11 tackles, 1 TFL, and 1 turnover. Don’t tell me recruiting isn’t a good point when it comes to building quality depth and talent.

1 Like

I see your making more friends.

I know your not smart enough, so i will explain what he said. Everyone on this site knows better recruits a better.

But, we dnt put down the recruits we get.

Your a moron

We have an administration that cares about football now, so we are going after more four stars.

However, after 12 possessions against CMU, we gave up 21 points. 12 possessions is about what most teams had against OSU last year, some only got 11. CMU got 16 possessions.

1 Like

This is the bad thing about tempo off. That defense was on the field along time. Last year we were deep but on the field only have the game.

1 Like

Yes. We scored on four drives in less than 2 minutes. Two of those drives were less than 1 minute. Time of possession favored CMU by a lot. That’s a lot of pressure on D. I know Sanders wants to go fast and plays better when we go fast, but are we just going to go Mach 2 the whole game? He needs to be able to run a more methodical offense once we build our lead, but their D is still fresh because all they did was watch Johnson sprint to the endzone. It’s going to be a tough balancing act.

1 Like

I knew exactly what he was saying. Just because I say we need better recruits doesn’t mean I’m automatically putting down the players we have. It means exactly what it means. They might not be good enough to beat the teams that give us trouble (like Baylor).

That especially hinders our chances of getting another conference title. Especially if INCOMPETENT COACHING decides to show its ugly head. I know you’re not smart enough to understand that. So I thought it would nice if I explained it to you.

1 Like

We’ll see about that.

1 Like

Joy ive meet many idiots like you. Need no translation.

Joy we gave up four pics, 17 passes in a row and had rb and center out. We lost by less then a td. If baylor was as good or better then us they should have won by 21. Had nothing to do with not enough for stars. Gundy didnt make sanders throw 4 picks. Knowles didnt make plays up for baylor to complete passes. Glass didnt habe those players get hurt.

We know you understand captain obvious stuff like 4 stars. But dnt say ignorant things beyond that. Seriously stop being an ess. We know you have no balls because you never go beyond your handful of statements ur dad ingrained into you.

Fact of the matter is things are way more nuanced that just saying recruiting is the problem. If it was Texas would have a lot more NC’s. A lot of things have to go right to be successful and I would say that recruiting, while important, isn’t at the top of the list.

2 Likes

This idiot knows how to spell “I’ve” correctly.

You act like Baylor didn’t have injuries either. They also had players out when they played against us in the regular season.

Gundy also finally figured out after reading this blog that it might be best to fit an offense around the type of QB he currently has.

If you would stop being a hypocrite I wouldn’t have to be an A55.

1 Like