OSU Football: What Eight Wins Means in 2020

Nothing stops these guys. That was sarcasm. Yea but ur rite were scared of msu lead by leach. Worried who is carrying guns or knives.:upside_down_face::joy::woozy_face::dizzy_face::flushed::cold_sweat::scream::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face:

The only teams Gundy is interested in playing are teams with lesser talent and lesser coaching. The only reason he does play competent competition in some years is because he doesnā€™t get to choose who to play. Heā€™s just like Pat Jones.

Pat Jones said ā€œIf you get to play Missouri State ten times then you schedule Missouri State ten timesā€. So itā€™s not any different for Gundy considering heā€™s a Pat Jones disciple. You donā€™t make your program better or more known around the country when you refuse to schedule decent competition.

Iā€™m not saying Gundy has to play a blue blood every season, but OSU needs to get away from scheduling 1AA schools, terrible P5 teams, and average Sun Belt teams if they ever want to be taken seriously as a program.

Schedule a North Carolina, Wisconsin, or maybe an Oregon. We are starting this trend of starting 3-0 and then getting our butts handed to us against competition thatā€™s halfway decent at playing football.

1 Like

But Joe we did play Mississippi Stateā€¦ when they had the QB for Dallasā€¦ youā€™re slipping Joeā€¦ this obsession with Gundy is working on what mind you have left :flushed::flushed:

1 Like

Joe Iā€™ve answered this before. Its really odd that u bring up Missouri state since the ONLY big 12 team to play them this year was ur beloved rileyā€™s ou.
So see even ou padā€™s their schedule. It was a good thing how they started the year.

1 Like

We played them in 2018. So itā€™s not really that odd.

No u act like osu( I dnt say we because ur a ou troll) is the only ones who plays weak teams. But ur goons play them. But back to ur double standards.

OSU hasnā€™t played a blue blood since 2014 or even a competent P5 school since 2017. The last team they played a decent P5 conference team was Pitt and Pitt finished 3-9 that season. Only to come back to Stillwater the next week to watch the best coach in school history essentially get schooled by Gary Patterson (once again).

While I hate the fact that OU is doing well and winning conference titles I have to give them the benefit of the doubt considering they played at Ohio State in 2017 (and won) then scheduled UCLA in advance when UCLA was actually playing decent football. They opened last season up with Houston (A team Gundy refuses to play now cause heā€™s tired of losing to them). Houston was still considered by many to be one of the best non-power 5 teams.

Iā€™m not saying some blue blood schools donā€™t schedule some easy competition, but if we are going to compare both state schools then OU has scheduled the tougher competition. Thatā€™s not a biased toward OU but simply just a fact.

Some think of miami as a blue blood. It has been a week since we crush them. U lie to urself and us if u think UCLA was a GOOD game.
Play ohio state is not going to help us even if we won.
Houston is a non power 5 and yes ou stopped playing them.
U really donā€™t get any of this.

Please define ā€œcrushā€. Cause 37-34 ainā€™t it!!! We were fairly lucky to beat a Miami team who played with a backup QB most of the game. And Miami isnā€™t a blue blood. By any stretch of the imagination. Here are the blue bloods in D-1 football: Bama, Goons, Ohio State, and maaaybe USC or Notre Dame (who keeps making the playoff but getting thumped).

1 Like

Thatā€™s me poking fun at joe. Joe bends facts so I try to do it back. Gets under his skin.:upside_down_face::joy::sweat_smile::innocent::crazy_face::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face:

U always say who is or not blue bloods. They have sites that tell u each very a lil .

Miami hasnā€™t been in blue blood status for almost 20 years now. Also, before UCLA started sucking they had records of 9-5, 10-3, and 10-3 when OU first scheduled them for the 2018-2019 seasons.

A win against Ohio State for any team that may go 11-1 on the season looks good for any team. Just ask the 2014 Baylor and TCU teams for reference. Iā€™m betting they wish they wouldā€™ve played at least one solid opponent in non-conference for their chances at the CFP. Would also be a step is the right direction for recruiting purposes as well.

OU played Houston just last season.

I think itā€™s you that really doesnā€™t get it. I just hope one day you can come to the reality that we arenā€™t going to jump start this program by playing three rum dumbs and losing our conference opener almost every season. Does nothing to prepare us for conference play or the tougher teams in the Big 12.

1 Like

We beat a Miami team that could have finished their season easily 5-5 and just happened to barely squeak out an 8-2 record for the season. A win against the U isnā€™t the same as it wouldā€™ve been in 2001 or 2002. Miami is heading the way of Nebraska. They are by no means a blue blood any longer. Clemson has taken their place as the blue blood of the ACC now and itā€™s been that way for a while now.

Been that way since Dabo came to town. And brought Venables along for the ride. That might be the best coordinator hire of any school in the country in the pastā€¦5-10 years?

Not only the best DC hire in the last 5-10 years but probably the best HC hire in the last 12 years also.

By what u just said then ur ou boys arenā€™t blue bloods. They won a national champ after ou. U just proved my point when u schedule a power 5 school itā€™s so far out u dnt know what they will be like ( refer to ur ucla note) thanks joe now u see what Iā€™m saying.
Back to double standards u told me Clemson was not a blue blood. Before we played miami, u said we would get crush Miami was great there coach was great. They stoped scheduling Houston had to finishes their games. Just like always just throwing out silly gurlly stuff.

They havenā€™t won a national Championship in 19 years and OU appeared in more national title games from 2000-2009 that Miami had done. OU also has won more conference titles and BCS (or New Years Six) bowls than Miami has, and last but not least theyā€™ve had more CFP appearances than Miami has. There is a difference in being a good team 5 years ago compared to 17 years ago. (This is where my UCLA argument comes into play).

Before Dabo Swinney got to Clemson they had one national title to their name (The same as OSU before Mike Gundy arrived). Unlike Gundy, Dabo kept recruiting good players (the staple of creating a blue blood) and year after year made his team more competitive with the likes of Florida State (before they fell off the map). Gundy first did this in his first 6 seasons as the HC then decided mediocrity would be the new goal.

I never said Miami was great, and I never said their coach was great. Thatā€™s you putting words in my mouth, and if you want to prove me wrong then go back to my previous posts and show the entire forum what I said (If you are capable and competent enough to do so).

Last but not least Iā€™m not just throwing out biased talk because OSU is my favorite team. As Iā€™ve said before and Iā€™ll say once again Iā€™m seeing the reality of the situation unfolding in front of my eyes and so do most realistic fans. If I were you Iā€™d give up trying to explain yourself because there is nothing logical or reasonable to the argument you try and bring.

1 Like

Look u use a double standard on ever point u say. U dnt even know what reality is. Go look up blue bloods there are multiple sites. Yes u may fine one but Miami and Clemson will be in the top 15 in most. I donā€™t know but how long has Miami been in a conference.
Did u not say how Miami was going to take us to the wood shed. Better this better that. Then when they lost, its oh there a bad team a bad this. Is that reality. I didnt know reality was so fluid. Most be it slips through ur fingers.
They may not have good coaching but they have more nfl players then anybody rite now. So there still recruiting like a blue blood. And u do throw gurlly bias stuff out. Instead of saying look how great of a coach Gundy is. He takes 2 star recruits into Florida and beat a higher ranked Florida team in a 6 million dollar bowl. How u like them apples. But that is reality.

Just wonder who will be the first to claim we will compete for conference title next year?

U known Iā€™m not scared. "We will compete for a con champ " and we means not ar0 and joe. There u happy your job is doneā€‹:grin::wink::innocent::crazy_face::shushing_face::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face: