OSU Is at the Big Boy Table, Here's To Hoping It Continues to Trickle Down to Other Sports

Holder should’ve given Gundy a recruiting budget.

Also, what is Holder talking about? Why didn’t he recruit big name coaches? Surely since we have such great facilities and it’s such a fertile recruiting ground coaches should be lining up to come here, yet he can only sign alumni and no names like Mike Boynton? We should’ve been able to grab some big time or highly sought after coach, but instead we lose Underwood to Illinois? He’s got the same resources to recruit with that Gundy has. More, really, since he’s holding the purse strings and is suuuch a great fundraiser. Holder talking about Gundy’s recruiting ability was the cringiest pot calling the kettle moment ever.

1 Like

Gundy should’ve asked for a recruiting budget. Holder gave Gundy everything he asked for. Gundy’s said they take more time off than any coaches in the country. Which is probably why they average 4th in the conference.

If Gundy didn’t want to deal with Holder he could have went to T Boone but instead he chose to piss off the guy giving him millions.

Look I love iba and holder but neither cared about football.

Holder coached a sport we are a bb in, made it better.
Holder only had to get 1 or 2 guys a year. Not 25.

Jug why do you do this to yourself.

1 Like

Yet there was more done for football than the 100 years before under Holder.

Yes gundy has done wonders.
You act like no one before holder did anything thing on the stadium. Which is not true.

1 Like

He did ask for one. This is known.

And he got it.

I remember what it was like, kind of like a 4A school in Oklahoma. A 4A school in Texas is what we’ve moved up to.

And it’s still on the low end.

Edit: From 2019… we’re barely in the top 50, so Gundy recruits higher than his budget. Kansas out spends us.

1 Like

It’s worse then that notice no private schools on that list.
Jug is still crying. Gundy has done everything you would want a coach to do given his resources and location with our history.

1 Like

29. Oklahoma State University

• Recruiting expenses for all sports: $1,817,717
  • Recruiting expenses for football in 2018: $715,492
  • Percentage of total recruiting expenses spent on football: 39.36%

I wonder why he chose to spend less in 19 than he did in 18? Maybe it’s because this not what they access to but what they spend.

Why did Holder choose to? I don’t know but the AD sets the budget. And yes, private schools don’t have to report, so we’re almost certainly not in the top 50. USC, Notre Dame, and Baylor are almost definitely outspending us.

People want to scream when OU beats us on a recruit, but they are spending about 2.5 times what we’re spending to recruit on top of their program history, superior facilities, etc. Everyone wants a top 25 class, but don’t care if we have a top 25 budget. Nice things cost money. Yes, some outperform their spending and some underperformed, but you shouldn’t expect it if you didn’t pay for it and Gundy does outperform the spending.

2 Likes

Even though football bought in way more then 40% of the money.
And still doesn’t make us compete with others school football programs. Were not trying to out recruit the women’s tennis team but the big 12 football teams. Pathetic jug.

1 Like

That’s fine with me, since most of the programs don’t make money, they shouldn’t get a penny for recruiting. It’s not football that’s building a new baseball stadium, they went and found own donor who wanted their name on something.

Well your rite holder found a matching donor. So the guy gave 50%, where did the other 50% come from.
Hey I’m all for new stuff. They used the new ball diamond to recruit those lineman. Each said it was great, they loved it.

1 Like

I don’t know but a lot of it probably came from Bill Dobbs.

Well we know where 50%. I doubt a big % came from one other. My point was how much came from osu.

1 Like

Jug Nebraska is still the only school in the state… but think about scholarship , 85 limit now and Switzer and Osborne had 125-135 players on roster… what those counties were doing back when is illegal now. Grab Joey , and the other stooge and you guys form a circle :o:

1 Like

Did any of those teams give Barry an offer to play there? :thinking:

2 Likes

No. It was an ignorant comment. Barry was not on anyone’s radar.

3 Likes