OSU Max

(Adding to your list since I think it’s great)

1. The ability to go back and rewatch games on demand - aka watch the game for film break down vs rewatching the broadcast

2. Stillwater Shore: The Ferrari Family

3. A hunting show that just cycles between Gundy & John Smith in the off-season hunting rattle snakes & shooting wild boars via helicopter

14 Likes

This was produced by Hogs plus. OSU Max is under the same company that Hogs plus is. Maybe some insight on their Twitter account to what we could be seeing.
4 Likes

All-22 football film would be incredible

7 Likes

the problem is they need to post things timely, do not really wanna watch last years things

6 Likes

They definitely need to do recruiting bio-type stuff, especially in basketball.

6 Likes

If used correctly and like some of said timely. This could be a really cool thing for Oklahoma States brand nationally. IMO Also, The recruiting thing would be cool. Like give them a username and password and just say go watch and see what we are about. It could be used for all sports in that way.

7 Likes

Maybe they could get someone to actually follow our golfers at golf tournaments?

May not work if the tournaments are televised elsewhere I’m not sure how the rights work.

But, I always want to watch out golfers play but unless it’s a national championship you see like 10% of their shots

5 Likes

@Marshall – Loyal and True PFB+ member here. OSU max sounds cool but PFB+ membership will still be better! :grinning:

4 Likes

@marshall, real question, do you think this threatens PFB at all?

1 Like

I hope it doesn’t hurt PFB+ because I think PFB+ has really taken off well the last few years from a user experience. I think PFB+ sort of has a different platform than OSU Max. OSU max will be all audiovisual, whereas PFB+ is still mostly article based. I really like reading content because I’m a fast reader. It’s a lot faster to read Marshall’s transcriptions of the Gundy pressers than watch the entire 25 minutes video, itself to hear the same thing. OSU max sounds cool but not sure I’d make the time to watch all the extra stuff when I get the same scoop here more quickly.

10 Likes

You’re too kind

3 Likes

I joked with the OSU spokesperson who called me about it, but I don’t think it’ll hurt anything drastically. We provide different services even if they are in the same area. A rising tide raises all boats … or whatever the saying is.

Will maybe a few subs drop off? Sure, but we’ve been doing well.

10 Likes

I’m just gonna sub to both. I want the OSU Max content, I also still want the PFB+ content and community. Seems simple enough (unless you’re a poor).

8 Likes

Yesss this. I wasn’t able to watch the semi-final last year and had to just check updates. One minute we were up in like 4 of the matches, and next thing I know I update the tournament status and we had lost the whole thing. I had no idea what happened out there to cause such a swing in the lead

1 Like

OSU Max sounds like a better deal than ESPN+ which I only use for OSU non-con football and non-con basketball. That’s why I’m on a monthly ESPN+ subscription. Once the Big12 basketball starts, the need for ESPN+ goes away (for me anyway) until non-con football in September. It’s nominal savings that would almost pay for the OSU max subscription.

3 Likes

Hopefully they are making an OSU Min for Robert and Ar1.

11 Likes

Sadly we have 5 conference games on ESPN+ this year.

2 Likes

Darn it. Thanks for the heads up. I hadn’t checked the Big12 basketball TV schedule yet. I had tentatively marked on my calendar to drop ESPN+ in January, but now I’ll have to go check the schedule myself. I literally only use ESPN+ for OSU games since the other ESPN channels are part of my standard YouTubeTV package.

It looks like 3 in January and 2 in March so maybe you can at least save $8 or whatever in February :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nah. I’ll wait till March. It’s more the principle than the $8. I hate paying for something I’m not using. I guess I’m too old school :rofl: