OSU Moves Up to No. 5 in CFP Rankings Heading into Big 12 Championship

Georgia win, OSU win and Cincy win.If things play out this way some think we will jump Cincy. However there are some (Kirk Herbstreit is one) that think that we will not and that Cincy will retain the 4th spot, Something that I don’t get as our strength of schedule has to be way above Cincy. Anyway knowing OSU’s history with the CFP and getting screwed over I wonder what crazy a s s reasons the committee will come up with to keep us out of the CFP if we win the B12 title.

1 Like

Just win baby. Take care of business and let the chips fall where they may. #BeatBaylor

3 Likes

Yea that is the only attitude we can have. Control what we can control. For me now that we are past bedlam and have beat OU all the games going forward are like playing with house money. Icing on the cake if you will.

3 Likes

No, you should enjoy it more. Make it into a paste and rub it on your face.

3 Likes

Still don’t want your son playing for Gundy?

2 Likes

This season has given me a much deeper appreciation for the job Gundy has done as HC. Yes, I’d let him play for Gundy. I stand corrected. I was wrong.

9 Likes

Respect. I appreciate someone who can change their mind when given new information instead of doubling down out of a false sense of pride.

5 Likes

Is your son a D1 prospect?

Not even close. :joy:

1 Like

Me and him in the profile pic. He’s 11.

1 Like

Did u take him to bedlam

1 Like

Sooner fans have no problem rubbing chit in our face. They can spend at least one season knowing what it feels like to see the other in-state school going for a conference title and possibly CFP spot for a change. I’ve been trolling their Twitter page since late Saturday night.

2 Likes

His buyout was only 4 million. Did you not see what USC offered him? It’s pretty insane!!!

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

I think when it comes down to it they will have Georgia at #1, Michigan #2, OSU #3, and Cincy #4. I think they’ll do what they can to give Georgia the easiest path. That’s if all goes well this weekend.

2 Likes

Joey u just never get it.

I think if we dont get in win pending this weekend, it might further the discussion of play off expansion quicker like 2011 accelerated the case for playoffs. I could be mistaken seen it in sports documentary. I would be sorely upset if we didn’t get the 4th spot.

1 Like

Was thinking the same thing, OSU was a large reason for the current CFP format after what happened to us in 2011. It will be just our luck to be a big reason for the CFP to change again because we get ignored again in 2021.

2 Likes

Give me this final ranking; playing Michigan in the Cotton Bowl

5 Likes

My dream scenario:

1 Georgia vs 4 Cincy
2 Michigan vs 3 Oklahoma St.

OSU vs. Cincy for the National Title. It was be a massive statement for the future of the Big 12.
Probably won’t happen but you never know.

3 Likes