OSU Moves Up to No. 5 in CFP Rankings Heading into Big 12 Championship

I said after the Iowa St loss “Watch OSU finish the season strong and still not make the playoffs. Similar to how we missed out by a hair in 2011” Cursing Iowa St under my breath. I didn’t really think it would get this far because of offensive struggles but alas, here we are. And I keep thinking squinky might have been beaten back at bedlam but could possibly show up in the final 4 selection. It’s just the pessimist in me taking over but I’m afraid I might be right. And to put salt on the wound I know for a fact that if 2 of the other schools (the ones leaving the big 12) were in this spot, they would be no doubters for the final 4. But who knows, just go out and win. I think Houston has a decent shot at beating Cincy and Iowa isn’t a total pushover either. Pokes just need play smart and to go win. It should be a fun day of football on Saturday.

3 Likes

That would be awesome but if Cincy beat Georgia I would literally eat my hat. I just can’t see that happening.

4 Likes

Just think the new big 12 gets 2 and the new sec with ou and Texas get 1.
Would espn even television the championship game if it was osu and cincy.

2 Likes

A man can dream, I share your dream

3 Likes

That would be awesome. Even if Georgia beat Cincy if we could play Michigan I think it would be competitive.

3 Likes

So he’s a future D1 prospect. Going to be the starting slot receiver in 2030

2 Likes

Almost happened last year until Fickell muffed the clock management for the last minute or two.

1 Like

I think us and Cincy getting in with ND, Ohio State, and Alabama among others sitting at home will do more to move the needle on expansion than us being left out.

If the novelty of 3 new teams doesn’t counteract the relative smallness of two of those brands in ratings, ESPN will be apoplectic.

3 Likes

Offensive line.

1 Like

Does he take after his mom. U dnt look like u could win a pillow fight at a sorority sleep over.:thinking::thinking::hugs::hugs::hugs::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::scream::scream::scream::scream::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Takes after my brother. But I’m stronger than I look.

1 Like

Also, his mom is shorter and smaller than me. Haha!

1 Like

What are the odds the SEC says let Alabama win. That way we can get two in the playoffs. I would put nothing past the SEC and what they will do.

ND doesn’t have our resume.

Oh no… You should be happy they are imploding. I am.

I was in the store last night listening to 2 Gooners talk about events. I had my mask on so they couldn’t see me laughing. Beat Baylor ans we will be in the CFP.

3 Likes

Isn’t it crazy to think we could be competing for a natty with no projected NFL talent? At least not first or second round guys.

1 Like

What IF: Iowa wins, Georgia wins, Cincy wins, and Pokes win?

Georgia, Cincy, OSU, ND?

2 Likes

I think if both OSU and Cincy win we jump Cincy.

3 Likes

I mean that would have to be it wouldn’t it? You can’t put a Michigan or Alabama team that just lost in front of ND and they can’t move a 2 loss Ohio St team in front of ND when neither team played.