OSU Moves Up to No. 5 in CFP Rankings Heading into Big 12 Championship

These kind of moments don’t come around often so enjoy every minute of it.
Personally, I find it very ironic how the OU faithful are griping how Riley did them wrong, left them high and dry, didn’t give them any warning etc. yet didn’t have a problem when their beloved school did the exact same thing to the remaining Big 12 schools by moving to the SEC.
It’s called Karma. Deal with it.

4 Likes

Neither do you.

They claim they gave the big 12 4 years notice LOL. They weren’t giving us a goddamn notice. Aggy blew their shitty back room deal up and now it’s “giving notice?” LMAO fucck em. I hope this shitt torpedos them into the next Texas.

3 Likes

Really you just need to worry OSU winning and Georgia winning. That’s about it. I think regardless if Cincy wins OSU would jump them into the #3 spot.

I think you would have to. ND will be the only team left outside the top 4 that has 1 loss.

247 is showing Stogner (4*) to South Carolina with Rattler(5*), Hasselwood(5*), and Wease(5*) in the portal.

Fire torpedos!

I don’t think the average OU fan has quite realized they aren’t going to be dominating that conference on a yearly basis like they do the Big 12.

It will only be a matter of time before they start calling for the new coach to be fired while they’re in the SEC because the guy ends up going 9-3 with a 3rd or 4th place SEC finish.

2 Likes

I hope they become the next Nebraska.

2 Likes

Even better. I didn’t want to get too greedy with my wishes.

1 Like

Agree 100%. They are in for a very rude awakening.

They’ve lost 50 stars between 11 guys between portal and decommits so far.

Wow we got a horseshitt 2022 schedule. Our bye is 9/24 before all 9 Big 12 games. Administration better be tearing Bowlsby a new assshole.

1 Like

I guess OU is in the Big 12 next year? :man_shrugging:t2:

Agree. And say what you will about whether or not they owed the Big XII and it’s members a duty of loyalty/fair dealing. They certainly owed that to the State of Oklahoma. Their decision, while arguably good for their athletics department bottom line, was not in the interest of the state. It is astounding to me that such an impactful decision by a public institution can be made in secret without input from a single elected official.

1 Like

I also find it concerning all the hatred OU fans have for Lincoln Riley, but the love and admiration they have for Bob Stoops. I guess they’re just looking for someone to rally around. Let’s not forget the timing of when Bob Stoops stepped down. OU fans were led to believe he stepped down out of the goodness of his heart, but I find that rather unlikely. Especially since David Boren, Joe C, and Bob Stoops sat in a room, watched a scholarship player break multiple bones of a females face and decided a redshirt year was the appropriate punishment. They never thought the video would be made public, but when the Oklahoma Broadcasters Association sued to obtain it and won that’s when they were forced to show the public. So Riley can’t leave for USC, but Stoops can leave for the XFL and that doesn’t raise red flags??? Of course Stoops waited a couple years to make it seem less obvious. What if Stoops was asked to step down or disciplinary action would be taken against OU football by the Big 12. What if OU football decided okay he will step down but we’re going to find a new conference. David Boren was always of the idea if OU left conferences OSU would need to be included. When Boren left it seems as though that idea left with him. Another question I have is what is the real reason Boren stepped down? OU fans want to crucify Riley and praise Stoops. Doesn’t seem like Stoops track record of handling violence towards women is worthy of praise. I guess winning football games is the only thing that matters.

2 Likes

I wonder if Williams stays or goes. If he follows Lincoln to USC next season could be dicey for OU

1 Like

We win Saturday and then any one of the following could still land us somewhere between number 2 to 4 in the CFP.

1. Georgia, Cincy, Mich win - OSU #3 or 4 - Most likely
  2. Georgia, Houston, Mich win - OSU #3 - Medium likely
  3. Georgia, Houston, Iowa win - OSU #2 - Can happen
  4. Alabama, Houston, Mich win - OSU #4 - Can happen but Alabama winning is very unlikely
  5. Alabama, Houston, Iowa win - OSU #3 - Crazy scenario
  6. Alabama, Cincy, Mich win - OSU #4 with Cincy left out (This is the one that will be a bit dicey for OSU) - can happen but as above on Alabama winning

The above should make it clear that win and OSU will be in.

I like what you did and agree but I wouldn’t say Bama beating Georgia is highly unlikely. Georgia has looked better but they’re in no matter what and Saban is going to have those guys ready to go fighting for the playoffs.

1 Like

Given the way UGA has lost to Bama in their last two post season matchups, I’m sure Kirby will have them fired up too.

We need Georgia to beat Alabama because if Bama wins, they both get in. At that point, you’re hoping for Iowa to upset Michigan or Houston to upset Cincy. I don’t like either of those prospects.