OSU Season Postmortem: Dreadful Finish, Injuries and a Mass Exodus

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/osu-season-postmortem-dreadful-finish-injuries-and-a-mass-exodus/

Time to assess the damage.

Wow now i see why you guys think the way you do.

" relatively health". Add in to what ever happen to webber and casey. With the other injuries at recievers.

Big 12 o lines were better then last year. We got 70% of our sacks from a 4 man front. With our same front we got less.

I have no idea what was up with rucker. Ive hread injured and grades.
With the other injuries how could the d have identify.

Knowless show the world how to take better player to great heights. Giving up 40 plus in games that matter. Does tosu have an identity with knowless

1 Like

@robert28 You had better blast the author of this article. They said we ended the season relatively healthy and he also brought Mason into the mix. Tsk Tsk. Both are no-no’s according to you. Are you going to call him a moron???

2 Likes

Complaining about the defensive identity seems misguided. The defense improved from Game 1 to Game 13, even with injuries. They single-handedly (5 turnovers forced) won the ISU game. I can’t believe that you don’t call out a lack of offensive identity for this team. Unless of course, our identity was QB scramble on 3rd and long. Unfortunately, once Sanders got dinged, that strategy went up in smoke faster than the 7M we paid Gundy for his coaching acumen this year.

5 Likes

I thought i did.

1 Like

Hell, the Bad News Bears are making fun of us at this point. Gundy has 6 months to turn this around, but it will take several years. And, we have new teams coming in that will make it even harder for Gundy to compete. The upcoming years will be a nightmare we won’t soon forget.

Nope. I see no name calling or anything like that. You simply stated your opinion. I brought up many of the same points and I was called an idiot, a moron, and the dumbest person on the planet. Yet here is someone who does this for a living and you didn’t berate him like a child. Seems odd.

1 Like

Gundy is speed running digging his own grave.

2 Likes

That’s not a grave. He’s just digging a hole to hide his millions that he has robbed OSU of.

1 Like

Lol a living none of these guys do fbs for a living. How do you not pee down your leg every day. You cant grasp anything.

1 Like

Kyle Boone is a sports writer for CBS sports. Seems like a profession to me…

1 Like

But but but he posts on a small blog site he’s not a real reporter! - Robert28

1 Like

I am beginning to think that @robert28 is Mike Gundy himself. He can’t handle facts and never admits when he is wrong.

2 Likes

All Gundy needs to do is bring in someone who can have his own voice in the room. He’s willing to do that on defense, but not since Holgy and Monken has he had that kind of OC.

Weren’t Evers and Lacy injured too ?

2 Likes

Should hire Garrett Riley.

1 Like

With all of the injuries, which are off the charts, could strength and conditioning be an issue? I know Glass is good, but maybe they are pushing the players too hard and causing their bodies to fail? Maybe they aren’t preparing as well as they used to? Conditioning also applies to making sure the players bodies are ready to compete. Our injuries just seem so much worse compared to what we have seen in the past. I find it hard to believe that it was just a perfect storm that decimated our team. There must be a root cause.

1 Like

@firegumby this is something I’ve wondering as well recently. It seems like “Body by Glass” has become “Body of Glass”.

3 Likes

Amazing that we’re the only team in America that had injury issues. Outside of Sanders, who was the ‘star’ that we lost to injury that killed our season?

And for Sanders, given that we ask him to run the ball 10+ times a game as our offensive savior, why weren’t we prepared for the distinct possibility of him getting dinged? Why is that NOT Gundy’s fault?

2 Likes

A valid point. Did glass change something or were we just preparing for something that wasn’t how we ended up actually playing to ?

2 Likes