PAC 12 not expanding

Did u see on the social media article.
Where an ou fan text a osu fan
Ou fan we won’t speak about this weekend
Osu fan what weekend.
Thought that was hilarious

Man it’s like pull teeth with u.
First u had 5 teams in ur group a the first time . I said group a because it had more teams so I answered it.
But I asked about expansion u didn’t answer. It’s to early in the morning for this. Go back and read mine and ur’ s post from today

I don’t see a question in here……?

U said there will be expansion.
As long as there is a chance of notre dame, the big 10 and acc will not expand
Take noter dame out. Acc would need to add another school with west Virginia. So that’s Cincinnati or ucf.
If tge have no value for the big 12 why would they have value for acc.
I see no tv network give atleast 110 million to big 10 for ku and isu going to the big 10.
So the question is how will those two conferences add those 3 teams?

I think KU & Iowa St to the Big 10 is the most likely. KU is academically what the Big 10 wants & they also are one of the very few basketball programs that make money. Iowa St would be added to even the numbers.

West Virginia is the tricky one. Cincinnati would be the natural fit for the ACC as well. That would be the pair out that way.

Im not saying that Cincinnati adds anything to the ACC or the Big 12. I get your point and it’s a valid one. But I don’t see these 8 teams staying put. Someone is leaving in the next 4 years. Those convos have to be happening as we speak.

Expansion is going to happen. It has to. Whether it be a mega Conf or some type of scheduling thing……I don’t know. It’s definitely going to be some dominoes falling

The reason I put ucf was for division numbers.
If both ucf or Cincinnati and the same. Then it be a fit to even the division. If u an Cincinnati then a team would in theory have to move south. Not so if u add ucf.
Since ur a ou fan. What’s ur thoughts on this week in. Ou #2 in ap winnng close to an average g5.
Unranked osu winning close to a ranked fcs team.
Yes both bad but which if any is worse.

Are you asking me which “win” was worse? They were similar. I don’t put much stock into either honestly. It’s week 1. Other than Bama, everybody has some issues.

OU will be fine. Rattler didn’t look good. Neither did the Oline. Riley has proven he knows how to coach QB’s, so I’m not worried about that. Same with Bedenbaugh and the oline. OU plays 9 straight weeks before a bye. I think they played a bunch of guys to try and keep them as fresh as possible for this run.

OSU will be too. The lack of a running game is what they need to worry about. We shall see.

Texas looked good, and that’s what scares me.

1 Like

On the osu. They need to clean up the flags. I’m really not that worried about the ground game with Sanders and others coming back.

Applebee’s is mediocre at best. Just a slight step above the abomination that is Chilli’s.

Never thought much about Chilli’s. But the Applebee’s I have gone to have been good.
Food places are personal to each other.
I mean look booby Reid liked his mom’s fired chicken :rofl::yum::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::rofl:

1 Like

You keep saying that they will negotiate the exit penalty down, but I really don’t think that’s the case. I mean, none of the remaining teams have any motivation in letting OU and Texas leave so why would they let them off the hook? OU and Texas can raise whatever fits they want, but that doesn’t really give the remaining teams any motivation to let them pay less to leave.

2 Likes

It is more likely that ESPN tosses the Big 12 a bone with bowl tie-ins and a tv contract that is valued at more than what the actual value of the members of the league are. ESPN wants the move to happen, they’ll make it happen before the GOR ends.

Let’s wait and see.

Go look at teams that have left Conf’s before. They never, ever have had to pay the full amount. It’s a negotiation. You say they’ll both pay the full amount. I say they won’t. We’ll see.

U can’t talk to the guy. One thing tomato slice forgets those other mores didn’t try to ruin a conference.
Ou and Texas have nothing the conference wants except money.
Ask tomato slice how many teams going into a different power5 conference did better.

It may not be the full amount, but will definitely be a significant amount