PFB Articles Thread

We have decided to close the comments section at PFB. If you want to read more about why, you can do so here. This thread will serve as the primary place to discuss articles in the future. You can drop links in here and fire off your takes. As always, please abide by our 10 commenting commandments.

Thank you!

4 Likes

This should be fun…

1 Like

Makes sense. Once I joined PFB+, I rarely check out the comments, just read the articles and click over to the chamber.

As long as the company continues to enforce the rules here, I think it’ll be a success.

8 Likes

Since* (not once)

I think this will be a good thing. I used to like going to the comments for actual discussion about the articles but I feel like it’s just kind of devolved into a wasteland of trolls. I know I definitely won’t miss the fake Les Miles, Richard Kennedy, Usedtobe, etc!

4 Likes

Fake Les Miles was pretty good character acting. Huge loss there…

1 Like

I respect his dedication to the character, I just got tired of seeing his takes on every article

1 Like

I thought the comment section was a pretty good pulse on how people felt. This will not be the same.

2 Likes

Was it though? Dick Kennedy hollering about conspiracy theories on a post about Chuba’s trajectory is how people felt? I think you’ll enjoy The Chamber much more.

6 Likes

Les is more?

4 Likes

Hopefully the Nazgûls known as OrangeTuono and spencerwilliams would get the same treatment.

2 Likes

Completely agree with not missing those guys

3 Likes

It’ll take a while to get used to this, but I think it may be a nice change of pace. Will there still be a “comment section” under individual PFB posts like there were with disqus? I liked the convenience of it, and received an email any time I would receive a reply to a comment. Not sure if that’s how it works on here or not.

1 Like

If your settings are such, you’ll get email notifications as far as I know…

Just received an email for this. Questioned answered, lol. Thanks.

1 Like

I have to admit this is kind of strange to see, but segregating the articles and discussion is a solid move for a cleaner/more enjoyable experience. I will admittedly miss the occasional troll comment, but I think I’ll get over it.

Is there anyway we could just get individual threads for each article? I think that would allow for better overall discussion.

3 Likes

We could. But there are days when that’s 14-15 new threads a day. Could get messy.