PFB+ Basketball Recruiting

Welcome to the Greg Brown Brainwave campaign.

From this point forward, you must neurally connect to the brainwave machine I invented, and they will be used to convince him to come to OSU.

4 Likes

WHAAAAA?!?!?!

GET AFTER IT, COACH B. I would take Todd or Brown.

Edit: Nevermind, he signed with an agent.

We’re ranked high in part because of volume. You can say it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Is that like calling “shotgun”?

2 Likes

Yea admittedly I don’t know the exact formula they use, but it’s a point system where total number of recruits weigh to the overall score, and it’s an additive thing. Like, I’m curious what our class ranking would be if we only needed 1 guy this year, and it was Cade.

1 Like

I believe so.

1 Like

These are the Ancient Laws; they cannot be broken

7 Likes

If society doesn’t accept dibs anymore, where are we as a country?

5 Likes

I think I read where an established archaeologist found this on an ancient tablet dating back to the Mesopotamian era, where the tablet simply said “Sorry, them’s the breaks.”

4 Likes

I’m not saying I don’t agree. I just pointed out that you’ve had a pretty negative outlook lately regarding the basketball program in your posts. Nothing personal.

I’m a pretty optimistic fella (long track record of this lol) and that clashes, especially when I’m riding the high of a new commitment. Either way, I probably shouldn’t have said anything (shoutout to bourbon). Carry on. Freedom of speech is beautiful.

8 Likes

Then I got a real bone to pick with Jessica Alba’s husband cause I called dibs in 8th grade! :joy:

4 Likes

Dibs and shotgun are sacred laws. Anyone who violates them deserves the ultimate punishment: being labeled ‘that dick’ and shunned from all future social events.

6 Likes

Basically the pillars of civilization: Dibs, takesies backsies, shotgun, smelling it post dealing it, et al.

4 Likes

Correct, our high volume of highly ranked players is ranked higher than Arizona State’s small volume of even higher ranked players. It is an imperfect system. I certainly wouldn’t trade our class for Arizona State’s and I don’t think they would trade theirs either.

If lobbyists representing Big Dibs have anything to say about it, we’re effed…

2 Likes

And this is why I NEVER enter any conversations about the 2006 class. It was ranked #1 because it had a ton of players. Some of them were amazing, I don’t doubt that, but…let’s be realistic here.

2 Likes

If Cade was the only person in the class, we would have a class ranking of 91! 91!!

3 Likes

What’s the deal with the whole Pena situation and him not being able to qualify?

I’ve joked that Keylan wasn’t as good as we thought. And does anyone have any real solid ground to stand on that he’s as good as we thought in college? Not really. Sure he may have been hurt, but :man_shrugging:t2:

I’ve said college basketball is largely boring. Many people think otherwise, but I don’t find 52-48 with both teams shooting 35% to be super… fun. I do watch the pokes because duh.

Then I said something that’s pretty factual… we’ve had what, 3 guys in the past 10 years? And one stuck. Marcus Smart. So Bruce ain’t wrong here. However, to qualify I also said that being drafted and sticking in the NBA is exponentially harder than other leagues To make it look better for OSU. There’s only 15 a team max, making way less spots than say football. That’s what makes the NBA the top league. The talent is absolutely the best of the best.

It’s not all pretty. But not a whole lot is off base and I haven’t exactly been negative about our team. They’re going to be good. I’ll watch more next year because they should actually make shots. Boynton is that dude. Cade is going to be unreal.

2 Likes

There ya go. Because of small roster sizes, class rankings in bball carry hardly any weight. I needed a new flag to fly. I’ll go plant this one.

5 Likes