PFB+ Basketball Recruiting

I mean, there’s only 60 draft slots every year, so at most, if you assume that only top 150 guys get drafted, that’s 40% of them. Obviously that isn’t true, there are always plenty of guys rated lower than that plus roughly 10-12 international guys per year, so if I had to guess, I would say of guys outside the top 50, the rate of getting drafted really isn’t that high at all.

1 Like

But what percent of the lower top 150 after 2 or 3 years Get drafted?

Another dude from overseas…?

1 Like

Ok great. I know we for sure built them debt free. I know the new HS, Business, and Ag Hall buildings all have upkeep endowments. So it would make sense that the athletic facilities do as well.

1 Like

Any idea who it is? Brown? Sanogo?

2 Likes

I see us getting an off the radar big.

Hmm didn’t know that him qualifying was even in question, interesting

Sanogo would be great, he’s different from our current bigs in the fact that he’s a big body that looks college ready

Could be worse. We could be Michigan? :rofl:

3 Likes

I think @TheHeadChimp should fire up the brainwave machine for Todd. :rofl::eyes:

Joe Lunardi has us projected at a 8 seed in next years tournament playing UConn first round then matching up with VA. He has 7 Big 12 teams making the tournament OU TT OSU KU WVU Baylor and TX

2 Likes

Dude, he’s def going pro. He was saying that even when we were in the mix.

I will say this. I know people think that getting CC alone is huge because it will set up the idea that others can come do well in Stilly. I don’t believe that to be true. The thing that will do that is being very successful with him. Schools like Duke, UNC, UK, KU, ect have too much of a stranglehold on the “you can go pro here” stigma. Boynton will kill it with being himself and the “You will WIN here” idea. It’s the difference in being Texas and being Duke. I think HCMB understands that which is what makes him special. I wouldn’t expect too 10 guys in Stilly every year. Or even every other year. A constant flow of guys in the 50-150 range that end up becoming a Villanova type program is what I think we will be. Which is awesome. I just hope all the effort into building this class isn’t ruined by a prolonged epidemic effect.

9 Likes

Oh. I know. 100%. Just razzing you. I think with all of this happening, we may even see GB forgo college if the right situation arises.

RJ Hampton might have really done something big.

Who is the off the radar guy your thinking they could add.

Joe has them ranked #1 in the East region bracket for next year, and I’d say that is a very high level of competitive basketball to at. I think realistically that’s all we want as fans

4 Likes

No doubt. I think we need to be a top 5 seed (regionally) to have really had the type of season that will make this all useful going forward. That’s kind of my personal expectation for next year. A 5 seed or better.

3 Likes

While I’ve said on here I don’t think Tennessee will have sustained success and other than the other year think they are over hyped. They get respect by the selection committee and I think that’s the key for us. We don’t have to be top 10 nationally every year. We don’t even have to be a 1-5 seed every year. We just have to be a respectable program and I think the only way to gain that respect is to continue to play at the top end level of the Big 12 2 years post Cade and continue the scheduling the way we are next year

3 Likes
7 Likes