PFB+ Basketball Thread 2.0

If everything else goes like it should w/ no upsets:

Texas beat OU, OSU win - WV(4), OSU (5)
Texas beat OU, OSU lose - Texas (4) OSU (5)
OU beat Texas, OSU win - OSU (4) OU (5)
OU beat Texas, OSU lose - OU (4) Texas (5) // KU (3) OSU (6)

3 Likes

Agreed, and I think a big part of that is the school’s communication. Make him comfortable and let him know they are open to talking when he wants to. I’ll be honest, even if I’m 100% invested in a job if someone comes along and they offer 3x what I’m making I’m not saying no out of hand.

pain

2 Likes

Day to Day. Sit him till the tourney. Pokes have bigger fish to fry this season. Rest ICE and Cade. Get Flavors and Keylan some reps this weekend.

8 Likes

May be a blessing in disguise (assuming he can play at 100% in the tourney), we really need Bryce, Rondel, Keylan, and Flavors to find their shots before postseason play. We will need more shooters for our Final Four run.

2 Likes

So OSU won’t play in the play-in round of the Big 12 Tournament after OU’s loss last night. So, let’s do a little exercise.

Right now, OSU is the five seed and would play fourth seeded Texas in the quarterfinal round.

There are four Big 12 games remaining: OSU at WVU, ISU at KSU, Tech at Baylor, Texas at TCU.

OSU could finish as high as the four and as low as the six, with the most likely scenario being the five against fourth seeded Texas.

So, Cade Cunningham playing seems entirely unlikely. If everything happens as it should, OSU would be fifth seed playing fourth seeded Texas. Or OSU could risk it and try to get the fourth seed and still play Texas.

16 Likes

Yeah, as long as Cade is healthy for the Big Dance I’m more than fine to have him sit through the Big 12 tourney

4 Likes

Also, Palm and Lunardi each have OSU as a No. 4 seed.

1 Like

An OSU win, Texas tech win and Texas loss should mean OSU jumps to 4 and tech to 5, correct?

Correct, but that would require Tech to beat Baylor (Baylor won in Lubbock by 8) and TCU beating Texas (Texas won first meeting by 15).

1 Like

The Big 12 tournament is completely irrelevant to the Big Dance this year. Kansas State, TCU, and Iowa State aren’t going to win it and become bracket busters. Too many good teams in the conference even if a few teams decided to pack it in and go easy. Similarly, it doesn’t seem like anyone can really improve their seed dramatically. Oklahoma can try to recover from their recent Bedlam-induced skid, but they won’t get back up to the 3-seed range no matter what they do. We won’t get higher than 4 no matter what we do. Baylor might be fighting for a 1 vs. a 2 seed, but what real difference is that. There is no “home regional” dynamic in the tourney this year. The Big 12 should just cancel the conference tourney. And if it were not for the desperately-needed TV revenue, I suspect they would.

5 Likes

And, on top of that, even if we lose tomorrow and in the B12 tourney, we go into the Big Dance 17-9. A great accomplishment all things considered. And if we’re 100% healthy…good things abound.

10 Likes

I tried telling y’all about those ankle injuries…

Yeah, not realistic, Just wanted to confirm I knew my scenarios

1 Like

Pretty crazy that Nebraska was willing to let Donovan Williams walk.

Huskers are 3-15 in the Big Ten and lost to Iowa 102-64 yesterday.

5 Likes

Well well well

6 Likes

What’s that mean? I try to avoid knowing NCAA jargon.

2 Likes

Probably for them a slap on the wrist and “we are looking into it”. :joy: for this and what Kansas had I don’t have any faith they will give up what they gave to OSU. They will not punish these programs. I just don’t see them doing it to “blue bloods”.

4 Likes

Is Arizona really a blue blood tho?

1 Like

@marshall you think Cade is gonna sit today?