PFB+ Basketball Thread 2.0

Yo if we snagged Walker Kessler amd some dude like flavors who doesn’t pull a flavors, this team could cook

Also, judging by the tweets, it looks like Bryce might be down to stay?

I realize that Baylor hasn’t always been what they are now… but Baylor is a pretty good job. They have a good fan base, close to DFW and Houston, a crap ton of money, and the program has been built up by Drew

I’d rather coach at TCU over Baylor.

Baylor just seems like a scandal waiting to happen

3 Likes

I don’t disagree, but that wasn’t the point. If one were the head coach they (should) have control over that

For sure.

Baylor has DEEP pockets

2 Likes

Baylor is MULTIPLE scandals that HAVE happened. and the line at the scandal window is growing, I’m sure

3 Likes

FIFY

2 Likes

I mean, it’s both. $ and National/state/school politics or better term “shenanigans.”

Some university staffs end up looking like they belong in middle school hallways. Tons of catty infighting and contracts revoked for no good reason.

This stays here in the PFB+ world, please, but: In basketball circles it is sounding more and more like Frank Martin and South Carolina may be heading towards a split in the coming days. Something to monitor given that Boynton played there from 2000-2004 and coached there from 2008-2013. Who knows if Boynton is interested in leaving, but I do know that Martin right now is raking in well over $1M more annually than Boynton is right now.

16 Likes

That’s not what I needed to hear on my nice Friday. Hope we can get a deal done with MB.

They will match

OSU the better job, Boynton already 4 years into a rebuild that he is turning around with all his players

Edit: maybe not match exactly but come close enough to where money would not be the deciding factor

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, playing for your former school is a big draw, but surely he wouldn’t leave with the rebuild he has already started here, not an empty cupboard at all. This isn’t a Travis Ford situation, MB has proven he can get the good players here AND coach them once here. Got to pay this guy.

Isn’t his wife from that area? If that is home for their family, that could be a factor.

1 Like

This is not the news I want to see on a Friday. Forget a Brinks truck, pay MB in bitcoin.

6 Likes

Was Martin ever a mentor to Boynton? If so, in the event SC and Martin cannot split amicably and Mike and Frank had a good relationship I don’t know if he would want to follow. Also South Carolina also has some NCAA penalties, so he would be leaving all of the groundwork here to start over, put in way more hours to build the program up (with a young family mind you), and still be down a few scholarships.

But I guess the biggest question is whether or not SC would want to pay Martin to not coach and then spend $3 million or more per year on a very young coach. Who knows, no use worrying about it now until there is some smoke behind any Mike -> SC rumors.

1 Like

They met at South Carolina, but from Michigan.

from the Oklahoman

Following a standout prep career as a three-sport athlete at West Ottawa (Michigan) High, Jenny earned a volleyball scholarship at Virginia Tech.

4 Likes

Perfect. That makes me feel better. I remembered they met there.

2 Likes

It’s such a shame Covid impacted attendance this year.

Coach B always spoke to the students showing up and being rowdy while in attendance at GIA this year.

Just imagine that sucker being full - no way he would walk away from that.

3 Likes

Shaka said forget the hot seat, I’m outta here! :joy:

21 Likes