PFB+ Basketball Thread 2.0

We don’t like them

Edit: made this
5356v2

10 Likes

Eh, somebody was going to sarcastically say it so why not it be me.

1 Like

No way we let Mike B go to Norman.

But I bet coach is salivating at the thought that their program will have to go through what he went through.

Also, probably salivating at poaching their 2021 4 star recruit!

5 Likes

I think he will go back to Vegas and do some UNLV related stuff. Great career, I can’t see OU replacing him with someone better.

6 Likes

Cade just made an IG post with the caption “Thank you, Oklahoma State!”

4 Likes

9 Likes

“LASERS”

Isn’t it crazy how, before the season, Cade’s outside shooting was one of the “question marks” about his game? And then it turned out he was by far the best perimeter shooter we had. And Flavors sunk like a battleship.

4 Likes

Flavors sunk, I am sure his injury did not help. Then CHJ and Dwill were both out, Bryce was essentially our only outside shooter besides Cade. Hard to win like that, shows how good we were at other facets of the game.

2 Likes

Transfers

Matthews, WVU
Phipps, OU

Just heard on the radio Traber saying OU is the second best basketball job in the conference. If anyone actually believes that, they are either a OU homer or mentally challenged.

14 Likes

Its KU, then UT, then a whole bunch in the middle then TCU at the bottom lmao

7 Likes

I think there’s a legit argument for OSU at 2 when you factor in tradition, history, the venue we play in, and proximity to DFW. Plus we don’t have to be held down by being a “football school” like OU and UT do.

4 Likes

I’d say right now if every position was open we’d be 4th-7th on ideal destinations for most coaches. I’m curious if the Underwood situation created a cheap stigma amongst coaching circles for our program.

2 Likes

I bet so. Because I know after Eddie left everyone wanted our job. Besides KU, we were THE job in the conference. It’s why we had the guts to try and pry Bill Self away from KU. We had mojo then.

3 Likes

I would say most would have us 4th or lower

I’d agree. Especially financially. But besides KU, I don’t think there’s another school in the big 12 that has everything it needs to be elite like we do. I’m also biased, but I do believe that. UT has money and recruiting advantages but no real good tradition or strong fan base. Football runs that university. Same with OU. Iowa St doesn’t have the recruiting advantages we do. Neither does WVU. KState has to deal with KU so they are always second fiddle in their own state. Tech has no history. Neither does TCU, or Baylor. Oklahoma State has just about everything it needs to be elite. We just haven’t been which is head scratching. I’m hopeful things are finally changing.

2 Likes

A ton of resources and no pressure to win. Their last 4 coaches have made the elite 8. 3 of the last 4 have made a final four. It is a really good job.

I think it’s KU, UT, OSU, ISU and OU in that order.

1 Like

It’s a decent job. Joe C knows how to hire is all that tells you.