PFB+ Basketball Thread

Balls. Of all the programs it had to be that one

7 Likes

Saw orange, got excited, read the words, now I’m sad.

11 Likes

Were we actively going after him? Or was it just a PFB board wish list? If we were…
K… want to hear the spin I’m letting loose on this one?

If a kid had the opportunity to run with the best players, and declined, then he’s soft, and not up for it, and I don’t want him on my team.

Bring me the kids who want to run with the big dogs.

4 Likes

I think him being from the DFW area, and well connected at that, gives him a big advantage in recruiting. I come from a small town outside Oklahoma, so when I met someone in Stillwater that was from my area, we immediately had a connection. I can’t imagine it’s much different to 18-19 year olds in recruiting, esp with Cannen being a younger coach. I’m pretty excited about what Cannen can bring to the table for OSU.

1 Like

Brad Underwood is the enemy. I want to play Illinois, while we have Cade, and crush him like a bug.

18 Likes

Kinda stinks, but he’s an instate kid for them. probably wanted to go there his entire life and they finally offered, which was probably an offer to spite us. I wish underwood would go away

5 Likes

We were one of his first five offers.

1 Like

They even have the same ‘committed’ font. I got excited for a half second too…

1 Like

3 Likes

Lol! You bring the weirdest GIFs and I love it. :rofl:

2 Likes

That was the best “anger” one.

I’m not going to trash talk Lieb, but I want to point something out…

He mentioned in an interview with Rivals (maybe Corey Evans?) about how the TU offer (his first from a mid-major/P5) was a real game-changer for him and gave him newfound confidence that he could move up a year and run with the big guys (paraphrasing).

In this case, TU basically got “OSU’d”, didn’t they? They offered him, knowing he could be a good development big…and then he gets the offers from the more reputable programs, and he goes with one of those. Just like what happens to us in football.

1 Like

We also have a post-season ban hanging over our head. And honestly, the upheaval in the football program doesn’t help matters as it paints the athletic dept. as a whole in a bad light.

I hope the Basketball Media team keeps pumping stuff like this out all year…they are both just so well spoken and actually flesh out their decisions and mindset on what they are currently talking about.

7 Likes

Needs to speed up the release, but the big 12 is going to have a major problem if Ice starts knocking down jumpers :eyes::cold_face:

12 Likes

I am assuming Lieb probably grew up an Illini fan being from Illinois. Stinks for us but Underwood will get what is coming to him one day, they always do.

2 Likes
5 Likes

1 Like

Ice haters don’t go silent now.

9 Likes

Oh boy @ScottCorken

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 10.33.13 AM

7 Likes